Preparation

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
The last 2 years have been hit and miss with My Match Fishing after leaving a club i was with for 12 years trying another last year with a great set of guys who made me feel more than welcome but i couldn't settle in. I got invited to another Club which i start with tomorrow, Ive done some Research, Bait bans, depths, methods etc, Prepared some Bait, and getting my gear up slowly but surely, but theres one thing missing, i dont seem to have the Ooooooooooooooooomph i used to have, i want to go but im not as eager, Whats the plan guys to get my Oooooooooooooph back ?

Total

Site Supporter
WO.....Probably more of your expectations what to expect is leading to your lack of "Ooooomph":unsure:.....Fish the match, enjoy it and reassess the situation afterwards mate. ;)

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I honestly want to Have a day fishing with like minded people and enjoy it, if i frame it will be a bonus (y) I cant do with arguments, back stabbing, and any moaning if ya do win a couple, thats why i left the other club.

Total

Site Supporter
I honestly want to Have a day fishing with like minded people and enjoy it, if i frame it will be a bonus (y) I cant do with arguments, back stabbing, and any moaning if ya do win a couple, thats why i left the other club.
You've got broad shoulders, sod what others say/think. :giggle:......I want to know your result, especially if you win the singing competition.:love::giggle:

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
You've got broad shoulders, sod what others say/think. :giggle:......I want to know your result, especially if you win the singing competition.:love::giggle:

I know a couple of the Lads and have been Pre warned about my singing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Hard to fight bad attitudes and personal agendas, negativity gets to everyone. I understand your lack of oommmppppp....am sure we all go through it at some point. What i find relights my fire is reading match angling articles and watching vids on you tube. If i see something that I think could work or improve what I am doing I try and get a practise session in and then try and apply it in the next match if suitable. It sort of creates some motivation

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Come and help me finish my house then I'll be allowed out to play :D
The new club takes Visitors so yer ok with a member (y)

Hard to fight bad attitudes and personal agendas, negativity gets to everyone. I understand your lack of oommmppppp....am sure we all go through it at some point. What i find relights my fire is reading match angling articles and watching vids on you tube. If i see something that I think could work or improve what I am doing I try and get a practise session in and then try and apply it in the next match if suitable. It sort of creates some motivation

Exactly what ive been Doing mate and its got me head into some sort of thinking what im gonna do.

Kev86

Just go and enjoy it Wise, have some banter and win would be great.
Best of luck.

Kev.

Me and my lad

I left my club after 25 years of being in charge, got sick of I can do this better...joined another club and now I am match sec again! Aaargh!
Found it difficult to get the oooh feeling but is was because I missed the old lads in the main. However 5 of them have joined my new lot and I couldnt be happier.
The old club? Down to six members. karma. Enjoy it Wise Owl.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Sounds exactly like my old Club down to 7, shame really cos we had a good Crack but one or two just have to try the be the Bully so to speak.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
spent some time prepping for the new season with my re-joined club

gone back to really just local fishing, fed up of travelling

wasnt until friday that i realised that the first clubbie of the season wasnt this sunday on the canal, but next week,

still gives me time to get a sneaky practice on the stretch

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wisey. my one regret since moving up to Yorkshire is that I miss fishing with my old club, So much so that I still do a 270 mile round trip to fish with them once a year. I'm sure I'll find another in the fullness of time but it's still a work in progress at the moment. ;)

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Right all me gear ready, bait Prepared, pellets pumped and Flavoured, a few G & T's and early to bed Report to follow (y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scribe Fishing Talk 23
Dave Fishing Talk 20
G Fishing Talk 20
62tucker Fishing Talk 4
62tucker The Club House 39