Premier league winners

Status
Not open for further replies.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Do you think Man City will drop any more points ?
And no matter what Liverpool do Man City will be champions

lp1886

I hope not!! They won’t stop going on about it for another 30 years, if Liverpool win the league.

shang

I hope not!! They won’t stop going on about it for another 30 years, if Liverpool win the league.
Or if the scousers don't win they'll be banging on about being robbed due to a reffing decision remembered only by themselves
#victims

Lee Richards

Part of me wants them to win it to reward Milner who has been a great pro.
The larger part doesn't for the reasons given and after today because of the unbelievable bias shown by Carragher.
Anybody would think that only Liverpool had players on the pitch.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
If my team, Liverpool, win the league I’ll be absolutely delighted, I already am at the way we’ve played this season.

If City win, I’ll congratulate them on a fantastic achievement and behold them as a truly great team.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Or if the scousers don't win they'll be banging on about being robbed due to a reffing decision remembered only by themselves
#victims
I wonder if the small-minded people who repeat nonsense like this ever consider how their opinion was formed?

The accusation of the City of Liverpool ‘wallowing in victim staus’ was coined in the Spectator magazine by Boris Johnson, referring to murdered Iraq hostage, Ken Bigley and the Hillsborough disaster.

Of course Johnson backtracked, calling the slating he received from even Tory MPs ‘a kick in the pants for me’.

But mud ( I could choose a stronger word) sticks, especially on blank canvasses.

Sadly people like @shang, brainwashed by the media and unable to think for themselves just repeat. Blank canvasses.

shang

Hardly brainwashed. I think you lot play the victim card of my own free will. Of course, you'll claim your supporters in the 80s were all loveable cheeky chappies who wouldn't say boo to a goose and never did anything wrong.

So fans of every other club are brainwashed for calling you lot victims and you're the hole holders of the ultimate truth ?

Lee Richards

Read an interesting post on another forum on this subject and it said:
The whole of the City of Liverpool was subject to Thatchers attacks on it in the 80's and the poverty and deprivation didn't differentiate what team you supported.
However you never have the victims assignment aimed at the Everton fans who themselves aim it at the Liverpool fans.
So to this end it is not about the people of Liverpool but just one of it's football clubs and the supporters from it.

Does make you think a bit

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
According to this interesting article written in a Liverpool paper by a well known Liverpool fan the "victims" assignment was started by United fans and is very often sung by Everton fans, so who do we believe?

Heysel 30 years on - Peter Hooton: "If we had any idea people had died we would have walked out"
The Spectator article I referred to was published in 2004.
Peter Hooton says he first heard the chants when Suarez was playing for Liverpool. Suarez signed for Liverpool in 2011.
Your point is?

Lee Richards

Thought that was clear
The victims assignment is aimed solely at Liverpool football club fans and sung by Everton fans who as you know come from the same city.
All football related and nothing to do with the city itself.
The question to be answered is why other football fans feel this way.

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Thought that was clear
The victims assignment is aimed solely at Liverpool football club fans and sung by Everton fans who as you know come from the same city.
All football related and nothing to do with the city itself.
The question to be answered is why other football fans feel this way.
As I’ve explained above, directed by the media.

Lee Richards

Do you not see the irony in what you have said there?
The reason you are called victims is largely because it is never your fault,to which you then support by pointing the finger of blame elsewhere.
Even your fellow city dwellers who are very anti some parts of the media say it,so is it really the media to blame or is there truth in it?

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Do you not see the irony in what you have said there?
The reason you are called victims is largely because it is never your fault,to which you then support by pointing the finger of blame elsewhere.
Even your fellow city dwellers who are very anti some parts of the media say it,so is it really the media to blame or is there truth in it?
I’ve pointed out to you @Lee Richards that I find your views regarding the Hillsborough Disaster highly offensive.
To the extent that I’ve asked to have a private conversation with you to ask you stop causing offence, which you have, thus far declined.
Today on the 30th Anniversary of the disaster you are once again peddling your highly offensive statements.
I think that says an awful lot about the measure of the man that you are?

Lee Richards

Only person who has mentioned Hillsborough or made any connection to that sad day on here is you,why did you feel the need to do that?
I have yet to answer your PM because you probably won't like what I have to say so it was best avoided.

Just to point out once again I have made NO REFERENCE OR INFERENCE to Hillsborough - YOU have chosen to do that - NOBODY else just YOU.
Feel free to repost my post where I mentioned Hillsborough
The irony is you are now doing the stereotypical thing's that you are trying to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.