Post storm Ciara.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
If any of the elderly or infirm amongst us in the Doncaster / north Lincolnshire area would like a hand ( FOC) with any storm damage issues they have ... IE .. Fence panals, sheds etc then PM me and Ill see what I can do. Having had floods in our area recently I can understand how hard it is for people who do not have friends or family that can lend a hand.

Thanks guys.

Guy Incognito

Midport Angling Club
Site Supporter
The west wing of Incognito Manor took a battering, if you could be so kind to pop down to Cheshire and completely renovate it?

Joking apart, that really is brilliant that Gents, fabulous offer.
Rick

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
went round yesterday to the 90 year old pensioner up the road to see if she needed anything from the shop, milk bread etc

turned out she did, which was well handy, so I gave her my shopping list too

I mean it was daft both of us having to go out in that wasnt it

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If anyone is passing mine can they let Winston out :)

I thought I'd be in for an early bath but have to sit and wait for some council bod

rudd

Site Supporter
Nice offer, what about the parts of North Lincolnshire now in Humberside 😬

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
went round yesterday to the 90 year old pensioner up the road to see if she needed anything from the shop, milk bread etc

turned out she did, which was well handy, so I gave her my shopping list too

I mean it was daft both of us having to go out in that wasnt it
Did your parents ever marry Mick?:p:p:p:p:p

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
I lost about 15m of 6ft high fence; it fell straight on top of our cars:( I am off work tomorrow so will dig in and concrete 3 new posts and then leave until the winds have dropped before I put the panels back in.

Trogg

the bouncer
Site Supporter
Account Locked
As usual my neighbours have lost fence panels and yet mine are still unmoved...but that's probably because i used gravel boards all the way up.

A friend of mine got so fed up with losing fence panels he bought an entire fence (15 bays) of the new plastic panels....he was really chuffed this morning when every single one was still in place.

I was disgusted on some of the local facebook pages when people were talking about their nan/gran/grandads fencing being damaged and the graspers were there posting their businesses for fence repairs at lower rates than the one who posted before them and then getting arsey when somone would point out they were still charging more than their websites stated!!

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
As usual my neighbours have lost fence panels and yet mine are still unmoved...but that's probably because i used gravel boards all the way up.

A friend of mine got so fed up with losing fence panels he bought an entire fence (15 bays) of the new plastic panels....he was really chuffed this morning when every single one was still in place.

I was disgusted on some of the local facebook pages when people were talking about their nan/gran/grandads fencing being damaged and the graspers were there posting their businesses for fence repairs at lower rates than the one who posted before them and then getting arsey when somone would point out they were still charging more than their websites stated!!
Whenever there's a disaster the vultures will start circulating mate, it makes Tipitinmick's post look even better, nice to know that the MD brotherhood has some decent human beings within its ranks.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
The one thing i was taught and taught my kids is, Manners and being kind to others cost nowt, some dont deserve your Time i know but even with that said i would still help em out in Hard times.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
RAF Statement.

Yesterday two Eurofighter Typhoon Interceptors were scrambled in response to several unidentified radar contacts. The response was coordinated from QRA South Air Defence Sector at RAF Conningsby. This is where the Typhoons are based. This resulted in a sonic boom across parts of the Leeds area. We apologise for this.

The mission concluded safely and without incident after four trampolines and an Argos garden table (with parasol) were shot down over West Yorkshire.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Last time we had really strong winds we inherited a gazebo from next door.
Subsequently our neighbours on the other side have erected a trampoline - I thought we might have got that but it skipped our garden and ended up on the shed roof of the house two doors down. It's an elderly couple who live there so yesterday we gave them a hand to remove it but couldn't figure how it actually got there - there's a whacking great tree in the direct line of sight from where the trampoline started to where it ended up.

We can only surmise it must have hopped across the gardens (6 foot fences between each one) before a really strong gust has propelled it vertically onto the shed roof

Simon.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I have nothing move in my back garden on Saturday/ Sunday. Went out today and stuff all over the place. Seen 2 big branches off trees today. None on Sunday or Monday. Definitely windier today. Up North. And North means north east

nejohn

Site Supporter
I was well impressed that the fence I put up last summer weathered the storm without any damage and that included a direct hit from next doors shed roof as it flew over our garden on it's way to demolishing the best part of the green house in the garden the other side of us. Luckily the only damage we sustained was a well buckled garden chair that was last seen flying past the kitchen window from it's usual place on the raised decking, I was particulaly impressed with the way it opened the gate on its way past..!!

62tucker

Site Supporter
I was well impressed that the fence I put up last summer weathered the storm without any damage and that included a direct hit from next doors shed roof as it flew over our garden on it's way to demolishing the best part of the green house in the garden the other side of us. Luckily the only damage we sustained was a well buckled garden chair that was last seen flying past the kitchen window from it's usual place on the raised decking, I was particulaly impressed with the way it opened the gate on its way past..!!
My homemade shed roof has remained 100%. Next door bought shed and assembled by B @ Q or similar place has now got no felt on and the rubbish plywood roof is soaking and had sank about 6 inches.
My old motto. Buy Cheap. Buy Twice. .