Pointing Indian sandstone

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Hi
Thinking of doing a bit of scraping in the back garden. Indian sandstone seems to be the in thing. The Geofix jointing compound seems ideal for flat pointing. Can it be used vertically, I’m thinking of facing steps with the stone and would have to point the gaps. :unsure:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Lad in our pub has just pointed our Indian sandstone with Geofix. It does a lovely job & brings out the colour of the sandstone. He just brushed it in dry though. I'll ask him later if it can be used vertically if you like.

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Lad in our pub has just pointed our Indian sandstone with Geofix. It does a lovely job & brings out the colour of the sandstone. He just brushed it in dry though. I'll ask him later if it can be used vertically if you like.
Thanks mate that would be great 👍

breadflake

Site Supporter
Used the one that you wet the stone first , good stuff , pointed the upright joints no problem .

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you want a really neat finish to your joints, make sure the stone is reasonably dry and put a strip of masking tape either side of the joint.
Once you've pointed it up and got a nice smooth finish, lift the masking tape and you'll be amazed with the difference