Phoning tackle shops asking for a local info...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all mate,if they are worth there salt they will tell you what the crack is.Although,I dare say if you posted on here,someone will help you out??

BAG UP

SINGLE RED
Nope,

If it's a local shop then your better off going in and chatting face to face [;)]

captain boycott

If it's local why not call in and buy a little something. Your local tackle shop should be more than willing to help, but I'd call in rather than ask on the phone. Just seems a bit rude, but that's my opinion.

(edited to say; Yeah, what bagup said!)

Last edited:

brummie dave

I've done this a few times, and the response has been on the whole, very good.
Of course, it's only good manners to reciprocate, and go in and thank them by actually buying a little bit of something!
It is worthwhile if you're off to a venue that's out of your area- and especially good for ticket information- often you'll find that the nearest shop to the venue you're interested in is the one that will sell day tickets or season books. Then you're bound to call in when you get there, and buy your bait as well!
Obviously I'm talking natural venues here, rather than day ticket commercials with tickets on the bank.

dward1996

Life Member
I have to agree with the comments above. Best to go in and speak face to face and buy things otherwise the shop won't be there in the future.

Also, when asking about venues, those in the tackle shop are usually keen to know how other venues that you've fished lately are doing. This way they can relay the information to others like yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.