Paul Witcher Avon Elite.

Pensarnau

I have a Paul Witcher Avon Elite, with all the paperwork. Used regularly up to about 20 years ago. It's in immaculate condition, any idea of its value please?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
WOW, awesome and sought after reels, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't worth in excess of £2000.
It would probably worth your while contacting Antique & Vintage Fishing Tackle & Books, Phone: 01305 778214 or 07913 630459. Email: jackie.terry3@btinternet.com

Trailblazer

Account Locked
I sold mine (the MKII) a couple of years back in mint conditon with all paperwork etc for 1600.
I had caught plenty fish with it but just didn't like it for various reasons, one was, it just felt way too fragile for me and if i'm honest it wasn't anything like Witcher reels are cracked up to be.
I'd much prefer the money :p.

Pensarnau

I loved it the best reel I’ve ever had. I’ve also got an original match aerial, preferred the elite. How would I know whether mines a mk1 or 2? I bought it direct from Paul over 20 years ago!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can't help with that I'm afraid but a chat with Jackie should sort it out. ;)

Trailblazer

Account Locked
I loved it the best reel I’ve ever had. I’ve also got an original match aerial, preferred the elite. How would I know whether mines a mk1 or 2? I bought it direct from Paul over 20 years ago!
It was stamped onto the inside of backplate on mine, plus it says on the paperwork.