Patshull...

Dslayer

dslayer
Not today - tomorrow...

Pike fished 3 times last week:
First trip to one of my clubs' 100 acre reservoir (Monday 6th) with waves of 18" and wind into face - blanked
Second trip to the pool of one of my other clubs (Thurs 9th) - blanked (Couldn't even catch any livebait! 1.5 hours and not a touch - so had to fish deadbaits).
Third trip lure fishing on BAA stretch of my local canal (Sat 11th) - blanked

So hoping my Patshull trip tomorrow produces the goods!!

Watch this space! :)

Zerkalo

Good luck @Dslayer hopefully it throws up the goods for you. I won't be back there till August for the Bream but it's a favourite place to be.

Dslayer

dslayer
Good luck @Dslayer hopefully it throws up the goods for you. I won't be back there till August for the Bream but it's a favourite place to be.
I only fish there a few times over the winter - and always for pike. Mostly nostalgic reason!

First fished there in 1950's when the estate was owned by Lord and Lady Dartmouth, and if you donated 2s 6d to their charity you got an an annual family pass to fish. My grandmother donated - and on Sundays when she shut her pub at 2pm she, my parents, me and my uncle would go fish there until it was time to re-open the pub for the evening. Very different then, could only fish from the bank from the bridge at the entry until just short of where the hotel is now .. no boats, etc and no fishing from roadside bank, nor could you fish into the small part of the pool on the opp side of the bridge.. We used to sit on the bridge and fish off there...

Then 1980's I returned - estate had changed hands to pay death duties and we fished for bream from a punt in the summer... used to anchor on corner of the arm opp the hotel or right down the bottom of the arm usually ... winter used to pike fish from the roadside bank and usually Nige Williams, Des Taylor and John Sidley used to be down there too..

Started returning to Patshull for a few piking trips last year....

Rest of the year - and most of the winter - the waters of my three clubs and those available on my Birmingham AA and Wolverhampton AA cards keep me busy enough for all the other species and most of my piking too :)

ANYWAY .... another blank yesterday for me on ledgered sprat, smelt, sardine - and something that came from the Indian Ocean IIRC via Birmingham Fish Market and looks like a cross between a small pike and a smelt - forgotten what they're actually called.... :)