Passport Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemphead2

hemphead2
Hi all i have got to go to one of these on monday, i just wondered if anyone else has attended one of these and their experience of it??

tradman

The day I attended for a passport renewal "interview" I was amazed to find about 200 others also with the same interview date and time, so the whole thing was a total damp squib.

After handing-in the forms etc and photographs and making the payment you are then advised to come back in "about 4 hours" for the passport.
Thankfully there was a pub across the street showing the test match so I stayed in there.

Best of luck

hemphead2

hemphead2
i have already applied for my passport,the wife and kids have got theirs back but as i lost my expired passport i got to go for the interview

carphauler

They ask you lots of open ended vague questions,I was asked what my nominated referee was like? I was expecting questions like how many kids they have,where they live etc. It was all a bit strange,I ended up talking to this interviewer girl about fishing,don't think she understood to be honest.

swingtip

Originally posted by hemphead2

Hi all i have got to go to one of these on monday, i just wondered if anyone else has attended one of these and their experience of it??
I am led to believe it's only northerners that need one.[:p]

The Runner

Site Supporter
Originally posted by tradman

The day I attended for a passport renewal "interview" I was amazed to find about 200 others also with the same interview date and time, so the whole thing was a total damp squib.

After handing-in the forms etc and photographs and making the payment you are then advised to come back in "about 4 hours" for the passport.
Thankfully there was a pub across the street showing the test match so I stayed in there.

Best of luck

Sounds familiar...
Had to go to an appeals tribunal recently and as you say, loads of cases all told to come at 10am and then told that the judge would decide which order to hear the cases in ,so you have to sit around waiting . Couldn't even leave the building either...
In our case we were called in at 1pm to discover that the relevant govt. department had made a pigs ear of the paperwork so it had to be adjourned.
Grrrr

Last edited:

carphauler

Can't remember the exact criteria but I had one because it was my first passport.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oooo the irony if it was a migrant worker doing the interview [:D]

Dannysdad

Guv
Originally posted by Dave

Oooo the irony if it was a migrant worker doing the interview [:D]
I had my passport checked by someone in a burkha at Manchester airport when returning from a holiday to the States one year

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
when we came back from Denmark the only white guy working was the security guard they called to me when they refused Dian entry because she didn't match her passport photo...the people in Hibabs and Burkhas were waved straight through!!

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I was called in 4 years ago when I needed a new passport,so it's not a new idea that's just come into play.

me

Originally posted by Dannysdad

Originally posted by carphauler

To prove who you are believe it or not.
Cheers Mate, when did that start and does it affect everyone?
It started after 9/11. Its supposed to be totally random to anyone who is applying for their first UK passport or any one who as been issued a valid passport but no longer as it ie lost, stolen or damaged. You could of had a child passport for all your child years but as soon as you apply for an adult one you go into the hat for an interview before you get issued one. The girl next door to us got pulled for an interview when she changed from a child to an adults and our sons child passport runs out next year and he will have to apply for an adult one so could either get issued it or get called for an interview. Its all a joke your parents have had a british passport all their lifes, youve had a child passport all your child life and as soon as you apply for an adult one you get called up to prove who you are before they will give you one. Edited

hemphead2

hemphead2
i lost my expired passport so couldn,t send it back with my renewal form,my wife and kids received there passport no problems.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Mike atkinson

I was called in 4 years ago when I needed a new passport,
Yeah but you look like a dodgy character[:p][:p]

All three of my girlfriends kids got called in for interview when they applied for adult passports - none of them had child passports which may have been one reason.

The main reason though was that my girlfriend was born in Cyprus - on British sovereign soil however as both her parents were in the forces at the time based at Akrotiri. So not only did they need their birth certificates but also parents and at one point it looked like grandparents were gonna be needed too[:0][V]

I need a new one but since I've no plans to travel further than Ireland in the foreseeable future I think I'll save the money and any possible hassle.

Simon

pat 1948

Originally posted by Dannysdad

You've lost me on this one. Why do you need a passport interview?
That's a new one to me as well D.D.! We live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Trogg The Club House 21
Wise Owl The Club House 25
C The Club House 3
C The Club House 10
neil fallows The Club House 16