On a blanking streak!!!

LeeRobbo

Evening all, it is with great despair that I write this message to ask what is the best way to get out of this absolute s**t streak!
As I write this I have spent the last 4 days on both a general coarse and a desperate carp pool whilst staying in a log cabin and still pulled nowt but a weed out the depths! And even worse the time before this I blanked an all!

so tactics have been everything, long pole, short pole, waggler, every type of feeder, bomb and popped up bread, And every type of bait imaginable. I’m all out of ideas and in serious need of somewhere within an hour of Hull where I can go to break this curse and pull a few big wobbly ones out.

any ideas anyone...??? 👌🏻😂

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
River Ancholme at Cake Mills. Bread punch at 9m and at 12m. Lots of roach showing Lee. Good luck mate. 👍

LeeRobbo

To be fair I was the only angler on the full site for the 5 days I’ve been here, and there’s very little info on previous catches and best tactics etc, may have to give the river a visit if there’s plenty about, anyone else watch these videos on YouTube and think these guys make it look so easy to get a bend in the rod at this time of year? 😂

jpwebster

River Hull at Bev Shipyard or Tickton, same as above or maggot/ stick float.
If it''s carp you're after there's still a few being caught at Risby afaik.

If you've got a short float rod I'd try out the Drains in Hull, always good for silvers.

LeeRobbo

Might have to go to the most heavily stocked commercial in the region to give me a boost....😂 bring on the friggin summer!!

LeeRobbo

What about ray fosters for bream? They still have a chew in the cold don’t they with some chopped up worm and dark GB in a small cage feeder?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Evening all, it is with great despair that I write this message to ask what is the best way to get out of this absolute s**t streak!
As I write this I have spent the last 4 days on both a general coarse and a desperate carp pool whilst staying in a log cabin and still pulled nowt but a weed out the depths! And even worse the time before this I blanked an all!

so tactics have been everything, long pole, short pole, waggler, every type of feeder, bomb and popped up bread, And every type of bait imaginable. I’m all out of ideas and in serious need of somewhere within an hour of Hull where I can go to break this curse and pull a few big wobbly ones out.

any ideas anyone...??? 👌🏻😂
Westlands fishery Brands burton he has a few lakes there .you will catch there for sure ..

Silverfisher

No idea about the area but around here the more natural style stillwaters are rock hard in the winter whereas if the rivers are in decent condition you can generally get something out of them so I assume it would be a similar tale anywhere. Alternatively try find an overstocked commercial lol. I don't have that option anymore as the only local one went syndicate a few years ago and it isn't worth what they charge :(

LeeRobbo

No idea about the area but around here the more natural style stillwaters are rock hard in the winter whereas if the rivers are in decent condition you can generally get something out of them so I assume it would be a similar tale anywhere. Alternatively try find an overstocked commercial lol. I don't have that option anymore as the only local one went syndicate a few years ago and it isn't worth what they charge :(
Honestly I don’t make things easy for myself though, thought this place looked amazing as the lakes look really well kept etc but when I threw a bomb out to have a feel about absolutely everywhere was thick silty weed of about 8 inches deep! Was just snagging up everywhere 🤬
There’s a few commercials up this way all within a reasonable journey, but like you say a lot have gone syndicate and charge a stupid amount 😕 plus I like to try new places etc

Silverfisher

The one that has gone syndicate here has a stupid set up of a £10 joining fee then £10 a day which wouldn't be so bad for something a bit special but it's not. It is doable to do 25lb of silvers or 100lb of carp there in peak conditions but you won't get a silver as big as 10oz or a carp as big as 10lb as its so stuffed full that they're all stunted which was ok when it was just a £7 day ticket but not with the current cost. Especially when my regular more sensibly stocked Stillwater that still produces good bags of better stamp fish is £6 a day and my river season ticket is £12!

Silverfisher

I know the feeling!

I got out today for the first time in 2 months due to everywhere having been a mess due to all the rain and one 9lb common was my only reward. It can only get better though as the weather stabilises :)

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Our knock ups at caistor lakes as produved 30 and 40lb winning weights recently...not far from hull

LeeRobbo

Our knock ups at caistor lakes as produved 30 and 40lb winning weights recently...not far from hull
I went for a look round there the other week with my mate, pools look really good, was surprised that the speci lake is actually quite small for what’s in there! And the canal style pond looks decent on the end and middle pegs 👍🏻 Might have to come join you and give it a bash

Ivan heaphurst

Nearest commie with a pint or two of maggots should do the trick. Little silvers if nowt else.