Oh no...it's started.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have just got back from the clubs lakes, and before you lot start laying into me...read on.

I got a phone call about an incident down at the lakes and as bailiff my presence was required. On arriving I found 2 police officers, a dog walker and 2 other males having a right argument.
Apparently, the dog walker had her dog kicked away by one of these males so called the police, but, it turned out these 2 other males were fishing. The dog, a puppy, went down to the waters edge to have a barking session at the ducks and was kicked. I asked if either of these 2 males were members and back came the reply..Non English. Here we go I thought, so one of the officers got hold of an interpreter on this gadget thingy and to cut a long story short, both of these characters were Lithuanian and both were fishing..the reason?..they saw the lakes had nobody fishing so thought it was O.K.
Neither of these 2 are members and were promptly removed from the fishery in cuffs. As for the tackle, I asked about it and the police said that they were taking it as evidence.
What will happen to them, I don't know, and to be honest, I don't care.

The puppy was quite happy chewing on my trouser leg wanting to play so that wasn't hurt. The police said charges of animal cruelty and trespass will be brought but get this...they are going to speak to the EA about these 2 fishing with no licence. I've not heard of the police doing that before. There's a message in there somewhere.

Ruddles #

Police kicked 2 off 1 of our lakes Tuesday after a baliff caught them there and reported them got to be vigilant at these times

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Police kicked 2 off 1 of our lakes Tuesday after a baliff caught them there and reported them got to be vigilant at these times
And there's the itch you can't reach to scratch. How can you be vigilant on lock-down? If it wasn't for the dog walker phoning the police, and them phoning me, I wouldn't have known they were there. How many Carp would they have got away with? The tackle they had with them was Carp gear.

Ruddles #

Our lakes have public access so busy we people exercising also baliffs go down for daily exercise at different times comittee members etc i drive past every day to work so have a look if anyone one ring a baliff and they will get down there

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Set up a camera with internet access and a car battery to power it.
I'm sure your committee will finance it :D

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
And there's the itch you can't reach to scratch. How can you be vigilant on lock-down? If it wasn't for the dog walker phoning the police, and them phoning me, I wouldn't have known they were there. How many Carp would they have got away with? The tackle they had with them was Carp gear.
Do you actually know they were going to take them away? I know a couple of local Lithuanians who fish as a hobby and respect what they catch.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Met a very good Lithuanian match angler at March just before Xmas. Top bloke, certainly no problem with the language as he’d lived here 15 years or so. Good job as my Lithuanian is ropey at best! ;)

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Fk me Pete ya got good police in Ponty, coppers in Leeds can’t even get hold of their cocks never mind Lithuanian interpreters 🤣🤣🤣

62tucker

Site Supporter
If they couldn’t speak English and didn’t have a license I would get one of them dingys in Kent. Jam the outboard into forward only and set them on there way

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Did ya get the coppers name I’ve got a mate who’s a copper and a Cas Tigers fan he will probably know him if it weren’t him 👍

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Do you actually know they were going to take them away? I know a couple of local Lithuanians who fish as a hobby and respect what they catch.
All they had with them mate was a rod each, a reel each and boilies in their pockets. There was no landing net, no unhooking mat and the older one had a small hammer in his pocket. Now, I wouldn't call that respecting the catch. Apparently when the police showed up, both rods were just laid on the bank with a rod rest pinning the reel on each rod.

fredradac

Site Supporter
Ironic to say the least - how many discussions have there been in recent years on forums such as this bemoaning the lack of support for angling from the Environment Agency (AMUAACF) and the forces of law and order? These characters only have to play the "no speak English" or "Human rights" cards to get away with it. Has the tide turned?

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
All they had with them mate was a rod each, a reel each and boilies in their pockets. There was no landing net, no unhooking mat and the older one had a small hammer in his pocket. Now, I wouldn't call that respecting the catch. Apparently when the police showed up, both rods were just laid on the bank with a rod rest pinning the reel on each rod.
To be fair, that is suspicious at the very least

ukzero1

Site Supporter
That's what the police thought too.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Was he fixing the clubs platforms properly?:oops:;) ........'Page 363, sub section 4, paragraph 3, sentence 4.....':giggle:
Nope, the pillocks forgot to bring a screwdriver. :ROFLMAO: