off to work

fishingmad123

Regular Dude
Site Supporter
< pukes >> if you dont like
him then dont watch him . it cant be more simple

breadflake

Site Supporter
Been a while but seen him a few times over the years in Middlesbrough (North Yorkshire), on one occasion at a local clubs presentation night he was told to tone it down and not swear because a lot of elderly ladies where present, well he did his usual routine same jokes and banter with no efffing or worse and they loved it.

dezzatheblue

this is the problem, no one asked you too ,if you dont like him then dont watch him ,
just watch something else , its very very simple theres no need for censorship just a need for reasonable people
Don't worry I won't waste my time watching him but I'm still entitled to an opinion as are you,
Regards 👍

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Yep, had some good times in there Dave. Rebecca 's in Barnsley. Cairo jacks in Sheffield. Oh dear ... Im old.
The Bierkeller and The Black Swan (or Mucky Duck as it was known) were my haunts in Sheffield. Then on to the Fiesta club.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The Bierkeller and The Black Swan (or Mucky Duck as it was known) were my haunts in Sheffield. Then on to the Fiesta club.
What did they call the chap who sang ..... Ferry cross the Mersey ? I think I saw him in there. Dunno, I was drunk most of the time. 😆

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got no problem with the guy himself, it's his fans that are the pains in the arris....like last night, one thought he was entitled to special privileges because he's "Chubs No1 fan and travels all over the country to see him"..... he thought that would make me change my mind about him taking a crate of budweiser into the show even though there were large signs up and each ticket had printed on it "no alcohol allowed into the auditorium".

during the break we get a "smoke warning" from the mens toilets on the top floor, fatty here goes charging up the stairs to check it out and there's the same twit smoking a spliff and trying to blow the smoke into the extractor fan.

Gave him two options, he goes back to his seat, sits down and behaves...or he leaves, he then says the one thing all the regulars on my old door used to love hearing "do you know who i am", sadly the staff wouldn't let me use the tannoy to ask if anybody knew who the scruffy guy with a pockmarked face and dirty hair smoking weed in the toilets is ....he ended up going back to his seat and sitting there with his arms crossed looking like a 5yr old who'd been told "no chocolate" :roflmao:

I thought he was from Grangetown, Middlesborough.

Yep......

and when he was born it was in North Yorkshire...so he's a Yorkshire man

Pompous git

Site Supporter
That just means he's not funny in different languages..:);)
Yep, could not agree more. Still takes some doing.

Changing the subject a little, if a bloke can earn a good living then fine, as FM says if you don`t like him then do not buy a ticket. What gets
my goat is the so called personalities that we have to pay for. I am not a fan of Johnathon Ross and would switch the telly off if he came on
but the BBC payed him millions, why?
Another is knob head Linekar, I usually tape MOD and whizz through all the cobblers but why are they paying vast sums of cash to him and
his ilk? If it was up to me I would have say a lower league or non league Joe on the program for £5,000, different person each Saturday, its a
football program that I watch to see football highlights not some rich bloke getting richer by the minute.
Bobble TV and the Danny blog shows what a good job an amateur can do.

SeanB

Don't find Chubby particularly offensive but don't find him particularly funny either. I used to love Mike Harding and Jasper Carrott though.

This does remind me of when I worked at Sara Lees years ago. One of the forklift drivers was a little older woman in whose guest house Chubby used to stay in when in Bridlington. We often joked that he probably got a lot of his act from her, to say she was blunt and colourful in her language was a massive understatement. After the factory closed she and a number of others went to another factory in Hull where she was promised a job driving a forklift. Instead she was put on a production line with a bunch of black staff. She was heard one day shouting to a manager "Oy c--t, why I am I on this line, I look like the spot on a f-----g domino!!".

Simon R

Site Supporter
I mentioned that on the Stafford fire thread Brian
He gives thousands to local charities every year.

Back in the 1990s the Labour controlled Middlesbrough Council decided his act was too racist, sexist and un-PC to allow him to play in the town hall any more – a strange decision for a council that was always pleading poverty and knew for a fact that he’d play to full houses every night – with the ensuing boost to the councils coffers.

The ban stayed in place until about ten or twelve years ago when the council relented (presumably like hundreds of other local authorities up and down the country they were skint) and decided to allow him to play a one-off gig - demand for tickets was so high that the one off became a two off and then a three off. It then became practically a yearly event. The town hall was closed for two years whilst a multi-million pound refurb was carried out and reopened last year, whereupon Chubby found he was no longer welcome.

I can’t understand why the council who will doubt put council tax up by the maximum amount they’re legally allowed to once again don’t wish to receive a nice lump sum for hosting a couple of gigs. Not exactly cutting edge our local authority though – this years highlights include Ben Elton and Shakin’ Stevens.💩

Simon

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Saw him in the 80' at the Circus Tavern... utter pants... about as funny as Piles

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Chubby lives near me and is often seen in the local town. He appears to be a perfect gentleman when he is 'Roy' rather than 'Chubbs'.

Have to agree with other posters though and say that, IMO, Mike Harding and Jasper Carrot took some beating; whatever happened to Max Boyce?

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
I saw Chubby live once in Birmingham. You know what you're going to get before you go. He's a bit like marmite, either love him or hate him.
Being a bluenose Jasper is a legend and was excellent live.
Phil Cool was one of my all time favourites with that rubber face of his. Hilarious

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dave Fishing Talk 22
kevin o connor The Club House 17
Dave The Club House 59
62tucker Fishing Talk 19
S The Club House 16