off to work

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I had to Google that ..

Total

Site Supporter
@Dave .....Sorry mate, tilde usually on same key on keyboard.....I think PG maybe using a Grave accent key `....Rather than an apostrophe '.....And hence experiencing screen errors etc

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's not even that now - it's in the process of being refurbished

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Saw Shirley Bassey,Tom Jones,Roy Orbison and quite a few others at the Batley Variety Club,and remember seeing Demis Rousso at Wakefield Variety Club,entertainment in the north was great in the sixties and seventies,anyone remember Heppys in Wakefield the fish and chip shop with a cabaret room at the back with it's resident jazz band,I took our football club there one Friday night for one of our regular pi**ups,I thought they were going to lynch me when we walked in the chip shop at the front.

biggsy

Site Supporter
Saw Shirley Bassey,Tom Jones,Roy Orbison and quite a few others at the Batley Variety Club,and remember seeing Demis Rousso at Wakefield Variety Club,entertainment in the north was great in the sixties and seventies,anyone remember Heppys in Wakefield the fish and chip shop with a cabaret room at the back with it's resident jazz band,I took our football club there one Friday night for one of our regular pi**ups,I thought they were going to lynch me when we walked in the chip shop at the front.
No Heppy's long gone along with Tiffany's and Rooftop Gardens

Total

Site Supporter
Went to the Circus Tavern (Darford) to see Freddie Starr one night, meal etc many moons ago....Not much phases me, but being front table, near stage, he frightened the bejayzus out of me that night!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We went to see Freddie Starr at the Bradford Alhambra several years ago - his warm-up man was on stage all of the first half of the show, and then came on again at the start of the second half.
The audience started to boo and slow handclap him and eventually FS came on stage.
The reason he wasn't on earlier as expected was because he was completely trollied

He did about 15 minutes of staggering about and slurring his words and then the show ended.

Total

Site Supporter
This would have been about in the middle 80's when I saw him, probably in his pomp then.......(y)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dave Fishing Talk 22
kevin o connor The Club House 17
Dave The Club House 59
62tucker Fishing Talk 19
S The Club House 16