off to work

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Got to look after a foul mouthed Yorkshire idiot tonight...Roy "Chubby" Brown.... oh what Joy...not!

62tucker

Site Supporter
He must be getting old now. Still same act? Try to offend etc

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
He must be getting old now. Still same act? Try to offend etc
I went to see him in 88, saw him again in 96 and it was still the same sh** just changed to make it match the news etc at that time...it will probably be the same tonight only instead of having a nice comfortable seat to fall asleep in i'll be stood stage side making sure none of his fans get to him.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I thought he was from Grangetown, Middlesborough.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Total

Not according to IMDB...

His Facebook page also says Middlesborough.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
He 's not from Yorkshire I know that. Further up from us I think. He had throat cancer at one bit didnt he ?

shang

At one of his 'shows' my missus, heavily pregnant, was the butt of his jokes.
Unfortunately I wasn't there as apparently he doesn't take to heckling or being given it back.
As others, please pass on a message from me that he's a has been Canute

lp1886

I went to see ‘chubs’ a few years ago and it was the funniest night of my life. He even says himself, if you’re easily offended, don’t bother going. What you need to remember is that he abuses people to get a laugh...it’s not personal. Some of his stuff is obviously recycled , but no different to every other comedians. He still does dozens of gigs a year, it would be impossible to use new material every night.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Like UK Gold full of Repeats, good the first time is saw him but thats it, i saw Mike Harding, Richard Digance, And Jasper Carrot proper funny without the Swearing.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
He's an acquired taste, a bit like dog poo :D

And before anyone asks , no I haven't :p

fishingmad123

Regular Dude
Site Supporter
i really enjoyed sir chubby live it was amazing ,he even got us in his video , if you dont like his content then dont pay to watch him , its pretty simple math
i find the folk who get'offended' by chubby more of a nuisance why even get involved just dont watch him .

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Dezza dont stand mate or he will pick on you 😉😁sit down and chill.out.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
i really enjoyed sir chubby live it was amazing ,he even got us in his video , if you dont like his content then dont pay to watch him , its pretty simple math
i find the folk who get'offended' by chubby more of a nuisance why even get involved just dont watch him .
I have to agree with ya here, i once saw him and at the end heard some people complaining how rude he was :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the first words were swear words the shoulda fekked off then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
In his early days he used to make an appearance at Moortown Social Club ;)

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I once started laughing when i went to see Bernard Manning and saw 2 Pakistanis in the Queue o_O he couldnt have spotted em cos nowt were said.

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
We used to go to see him at the local clubs around here back in the early 80s before he was a big name. Always had the strippers on just before he came on stage, it probably helped sell the tickets. I remember sitting in a club waiting for him to show up, when he finally did he popped his head in the door to see how many was in the room. When he saw it wasn't that full he said he was going on stage as there wasn't enough in and left.