Notre Dame fire

jay67

Site Supporter
quasimodo's snap tin - the lunch pack of notre dame

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I can't help but wonder...where is the so called all powerful one, why is it allowing its house to be destroyed?
Are thoughts and prayers going to fix it or is it going to cost millions from mere mortals?

If this was in Britain it would be demolished and the land sold off to a developer to build highly expensive affordable homes!
As for the hunchback of Notre Dame, he's now moved into temporary accommodation and for the foreseeable future he will be known as the hunchback of Holiday inn

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
All he had to do was tek his jumper of and he would have found his school satchel :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
In all seriousness there will be a contractor somewhere wondering if he/she was to blame - I wouldn't like to think it was me

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
What i would like @Dave is to be involved in the rebuild (y) when i was younger i worked on a few Stately homes and churches inc York Minster before getting into the Bish Bash Bosh side of Plastering.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Am I the only one wondering why, in such an important building there wasn't a permanent fire watch given what happened to Windsor Castle during restoration work. The combination of old timbers and possible sources of ignition from the works carries too high a now realised risk to be ignored.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
A wealthy french business man has already donated 100 million euros 👍

Last edited by a moderator:

rodring

Site Supporter
Now the B word is on the back burner all the news outlets are saturated with reports on this. Obviously nothing worth reporting happening in this country.

John Step

Site Supporter
Its an important world heritage building. I did hear on the news that a lot of the timber burnt was not original but replaced over the centuries during various restorations. No doubt it will be rebuilt at great cost. Its good the church has so much money they can afford it. I wonder???

Sportsman

Maybe but I'd rather our news programmes were dominated by issues that have largely been ignored in this country, whilst brexit isn't all consuming.
I don't disagree with you, but the media supply what their audience wants and their audience wants fires, bombs, death and destruction.
It will have gone in a day or two and they will have moved on to the next "Shock horror" story.