Notre Dame fire

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Reports say it could be linked to renovation work :eek:

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Is that humpbacked guy still in there???...

Last edited:

ajaxer5

Site Supporter
What kind of people joke about this tragic event.
Looks like a complete write off.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The Yellow jacket protests are still continuing in France, now into three months and counting, yet you do not hear of anything on the news about it over here.
Saturday, 10,000 bikers invaded Westminster from around the UK to protest against a retired soldier being charged whilst serving in the NI troubles. Nothing on the news.

Notradame Cathedral catches fire - all news channels are reporting it

crackatoa

Site Supporter
The Yellow jacket protests are still continuing in France, now into three months and counting, yet you do not hear of anything on the news about it over here.
Saturday, 10,000 bikers invaded Westminster from around the UK to protest against a retired soldier being charged whilst serving in the NI troubles. Nothing on the news.

Notradame Cathedral catches fire - all news channels are reporting it
Scalper summed it up earlier

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Disastrous, you won’t meet a less religious person than me, but the architecture of these old buildings and the fact that this was built in the 13th century amazes me, it’s religious significance pales into insignificance when you consider it was one of, if not the most outstanding Gothic building in the world.

This is a huge loss to the citizens of Paris and many others in the world.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Religion has given us all sorts of trouble since the dawn of time but I for one enjoy the fabulous buildings and feel quite sad about
this fire. I hope the froggies can rebuild a replica, the same but not the same if that makes sense.