Not the Trent or Severn but fishing none the less

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Carp gear re-readied and prepped, will update with sessions as they occur.
Just the tench and bream feeder gear to do next and will do the same once the temperatures pick up.

Thought might be a good thread for any of us who love the rivers, but also needing to fish in the coming months to log our exploits and keep in touch, feel free of course.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Might be a while before any fishing gets done now. Anyone else prepping or sorting their kit? Anything Barbel wise i usually leave until early June.

So carpwise last weekend....

Glugged some fresh baits. The goo isotonic being a good match for the pineapple boilies and butterscotch for the white chocolate ones, these are my only two flavours of boilie i use in spring, by the time we might get to fish it may be fishy ones needed but hey ho.

I usually use boilies straight from the bag and match the hatch as it were, but if bites are a struggle in coming, i found a lone glugged bait helps.

I always critically balance my boilie baits, so drilling the plug hole before they went into the pots will be time saved on the bank, and the glug should penetrate further too as a result.
Tied up the hooklengths- combi rigs.

Sorted the kit and rod bag.

Had a wooden terminal tackle box that i have always felt compelled to use, because i made it myself, but it has never been a good fit for the carry bag. So i raided the Mrs tuppaware cupboard and sorted (can't beat a good sort) all the bits into small containers that fit nicely into the top of the bag.

Anyone else been sorting?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Anyone else been sorting?
Started sorting 4 or 5 days ago expecting to be fishing today. That went boobs up so now concentrating on getting some boilies goo'd up myself ready for the 'off''.

Got some soaking in the Bumbleberry, found it very effective when others have failed. Another lot soaking in White Almond.

I have mixed some Chocolate Candy and Outrageous Orange together (50/50), simply because chocolate orange works really well on the waters round here.

All hooks are tied, new batteries bought for the alarms, and new illuminated droppers sent for (the type you plug into the alarms). All tackle sorted into sections so if it's river or lakes or a Carping session, I can just grab and go.

New line on all reels done (including Carp reels).

Floats made, standard and insert wagglers but they need finishing off which is today's job.

It's a busy time this lock-down thing, but I'd rather be busy on the bank. :D

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Nice one @ukzero1 . I did take a look at the white almond as a good one for the white chocolate boilies, but went for the butterscotch.

Have to say i'm glad the surpreme range came out, always found the smoke and power smokes a bit unpredictable viscosity wise, these supremes however look perfect for glugging.

You target anything size wise or lump hunting?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Nice one @ukzero1 . I did take a look at the white almond as a good one for the white chocolate boilies, but went for the butterscotch.

Have to say i'm glad the surpreme range came out, always found the smoke and power smokes a bit unpredictable viscosity wise, these supremes however look perfect for glugging.

You target anything size wise or lump hunting?
More like experimenting to be honest. Although I have had lumps to 22lb on the Bumbleberry and a couple to 19lb on the Chocolate Candy/Outrageous Orange mixed.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Yes much the same, depending on where i go i generally target any size, do find the boilie approach is a take anywhere method. Did the PB at 22-2 this time last year and am convinced the bigger fish tend to eat first in spring then slumber as it eases into summer?

BTMS

Site Supporter
More like experimenting to be honest. Although I have had lumps to 22lb on the Bumbleberry and a couple to 19lb on the Chocolate Candy/Outrageous Orange mixed.
ukzero1 psst try rose water and chocolate orange:cool::cool:

Ivan heaphurst

Sorted tackle out on Monday, got two Mitchell 300's back in worked ng order yesterday but failed miserably to do the same with one of those se fancy free spool reels.
Now n the bin.