Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.

pole addict

They are committing to the UK post brexit.

Now who was that scaremonger remainer who said they have a good source?

[:W]

genesis

Living Leg End
I can't think which one you mean Steve. There were so many came out of the woodwork. Seem to be keeping quiet now until one of the prophecy's actually comes true. Bound to have got one right out of the thousands mentioned.

genesis

Living Leg End
And lets not forget the UK economy has grown by 0.5% post brexit.

BrianEmb

As the Remainers are keeping a bit of a low profile at the moment I would like to point out on their behalf that the Pound has crashed 0.54% against the Vietnamese Dong today.

All is not as rosy as we Brexiteers may think [;)]

rodring

Site Supporter
Originally posted by BrianEmb

As the Remainers are keeping a bit of a low profile at the moment I would like to point out on their behalf that the Pound has crashed 0.54% against the Vietnamese Dong today.

All is not as rosy as we Brexiteers may think [;)]
You forgot to mention that the pound was in a Vietnamese lady boy's pocket when it crashed against his dong.I'll get me coat

nutmeg

Its amazing to see all the new brexit hospitals opening every week ;)

Puckleman

Site Supporter
Dosnt anybody wonder what the government has promised Nissan?
Answer is. Millions of pounds of taxpayers money. Thats a surprise isnt it. [:(]

pole addict

Originally posted by Puckleman

Answer is. Millions of pounds of taxpayers money. Thats a surprise isnt it. [:(]
No surprise at all.
Governments regularly give assurances and sweetners to big businesses in turn for investment.

genesis

Living Leg End
Originally posted by pole addict

No surprise at all.
Governments regularly give assurances and sweetners to big businesses in turn for investment.
And why shouldn't they if it brings in business.

BrianEmb

And how much of our taxpayers money has been given to French farmers over the last 40 years?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
...and India , Pakistan, both developing nations supported by us

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/27/no-10-denies-sweetheart-deal-with-nissan

62tucker

Site Supporter
Hello I work there. Just came in from late shift. Some strange goings on today. The story we been told is Ni55anweren't planning on breaking this news yet but someone,again we heard it was sky, said they were going to broadcast it today so Ni55an had to rush and tell the lads at work before we found out from tv. Don't think they wanted us to know yet as its pay talk time.. Talk around the shop is we want a extra 1% now as they will be raking it in with new models. Also Normally we hear for years about the cars we are bidding for and who we up against but for them to announce the x trail was a surprise to everyone. And in the DVD we got today it said we have won the next generation juke as well.

bezzer

Site Supporter
who cares if Nissan received government assurances or financial incentives, it's fantastic news for the UK and the North East in particular.

I for one can't see anything negative in the story whatsoever.

Warden

Site Supporter
Originally posted by bezzer

who cares if Nissan received government assurances or financial incentives, it's fantastic news for the UK and the North East in particular.

I for one can't see anything negative in the story whatsoever.
suggest you look a bit harder,[:p]

so Nissan give their workers a massive pay cut (more profits)via the falling against the currency they use,which we all will get when we buy anything from abroad,
the Government give Nissan a big sweetener to stay (which we shall pay for)via taxes benefit cuts etc.
It will be 2/3 years before we leave and it all settles down (bit early for gloating from either side) by which time Nissan or anyone else for that matter can come and go as the wish.
I have no worries either way at my time of life I have enough to last me out but have great fears for the younger people who can/will suffer from what ever this brings on them.

62tucker

Site Supporter
PAY CUT ? How we going to get a pay cut? Pay negotiation is on now. We all fill a form in with what % rise we want 1st year and 2nd year as it's a 2 year deal and the reason we want that much and any other issue we have. I guess over 80% of the lads put 5% each year. We know we will never get this but if everyone put 3% they would offer 2%.
2 years ago they offered a poo deal..we voted NO. They came back with 3% and 3% and 500 and a cap of 1hr production overtime per day. Win Win from me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
62tucker The Club House 45
Kev86 The Club House 4
Kev86 The Club House 7
Brian the Fish The Club House 12
D The Club House 19