Nissan X Trail

Kev86

Hi guys do any of you drive a new model X Trail, If Yes what is your opinion of them, have they got plenty of room for the tackle, any info will be much appreciated.

Kev

Eric The Red

kev,
i got one in august for towing the caravan , the boot space is canny large and the seats also drop down so defo plenty of room, i have also bought a roof rack for my kayak . i have been putting the rod holdall at an angle across the back seats because there has only been me and my daughter going , if my mates were going i would have to take my dog guard down and drop half of the back seats,or put rod bags on roof rack.
just on saturday i met a fellow member at my local pond and he asked me what i thought of my x trail as he had an older model the 2.2L version and he loved his and he is more of a serious angler than i am .

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I treated myself to one, 6 speed auto, all the toys, lovely car, but the first day I parked it at the station it got a car park dent in the door, as hard as I tried I couldnt keep the back clean ( I bought a Rhino boot liner for the area with the seats down), as much as I liked it, having a new or newish motor just does my head in, always worried about it getting marked and dirty inside. I have gone back to a van, park it anywhere, not concerened about its appearance and can just chuck mounds of soaking wet, dirty gear in without a care. ( I have a ramp and just wheel my trolley straight from the garage into the van, same at the fishery and end of day).

Id thoroughly recommend the X-Trail, sadly it wasnt suitable for me, but its a lovely drive and did everything I wanted.

Last edited:

Eric The Red

Originally posted by Maesknoll

I treated myself to one, 6 speed auto, all the toys, lovely car, but the first day I parked it at the station it got a car park dent in the door, as hard as I tried I couldnt keep the back clean ( I bought a Rhino boot liner for the area with the seats down), as much as I liked it, having a new or newish motor just does my head in, always worried about it getting marked and dirty inside. I have gone back to a van, park it anywhere, not concerened about its appearance and can just chuck mounds of soaking wet, dirty gear in without a care. ( I have a ramp and just wheel my trolley straight from the garage into the van, same at the fishery and end of day).

Id thoroughly recommend the X-Trail, sadly it wasnt suitable for me, but its a lovely drive and did everything I wanted.
same for me on this one its a 61 plate teckna paid 9800 for it , and it seems too nice to put my fishing gear in it, and i park away from other cars as best as i can in the supermarket car parks , soon to have roof rack on to carry my galaxy cruz fishing kayak which no doubt will add scratches while lifting onto roof rack and rod holdall straps hanging down dropping bungees on the roof etc

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
62tucker The Club House 45
Kev86 The Club House 7
P The Club House 37
Brian the Fish The Club House 12
D The Club House 19