NHS Parking

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
I saw on the news that NHS staff were to be given free parking at work. I would have thought that should have been a given but I then read that it took a 400,000 signature petition to get it through. These brave people who are putting others before themselves deserve better, they should be paid expenses for daily travel, free lunches etc etc

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I saw on the news that NHS staff were to be given free parking at work. I would have thought that should have been a given but I then read that it took a 400,000 signature petition to get it through. These brave people who are putting others before themselves deserve better, they should be paid expenses for daily travel, free lunches etc etc
Yes I signed it 25000 times :LOL:

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
Used to get charged to park when I worked for the NHS. It never bothered me to be honest and most of the staff weren’t bothered either.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Used to get charged to park when I worked for the NHS. It never bothered me to be honest and most of the staff weren’t bothered either.
Perhaps you were not paying too much but imagine what the NHS staff in London are charged for parking. It can cost a patient £3 an hour or more in some hospitals.

At Barnsley Hospital staff can get a £10 ticket for the week.

Silver fan 82

My Mrs works for the NHS, I think she pays 80p to park for the duration of her shift. May not sound much but add it up over a month / year. The stupid thing is the staff have to display a parking permit in the window to show that they are staff anyway so why charge them? Surely displaying the permit is enough.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wise Owl The Club House 80
F The Club House 1
mickthechippy The Club House 19
Dave Spence The Club House 14
kevin o connor The Politics Room 18