Newmiller Dam

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Went round Newmiller Dam today, nobody at all fishing. Is this a day ticket water or has it gone over to the dark side (syndicate)? Do any of you know?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Cheers for that mate. It just seemed odd that on a day like yesterday, nobody was fishing it...unless there's a problem with yobs or something.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Used to night fish it 30 year ago had a boat load of tench on corn 👍

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Used to night fish it 30 year ago had a boat load of tench on corn 👍
Cheers mate, I didn't know it could be night fished or maybe that's changed too. I was looking for somewhere different for a night session and was thinking either Newmiller dam or Pugney's. But if Newmiller is on the Wakey book then no chance there.

dandan2000

I used to fish NMD loads as a youth. Some great fishing to be had. It was just sometimes awkward with the amount of people walking round.
I also spent a lot of time fishing pugneys. It was a long walk though with your gear. And fishing could be difficult as the water was so clear. But there were some great days fishing on both lakes.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@dandan2000

Thanks for the info on Pugney's. Being 66 years old with a heart problem, I think I'll be giving that one a miss then if it's a long walk.

The Saint

Paul
Site Supporter
No night fishing allowed on any of Wakefield waters ,but I've seen them on the lagoons.