New World Record Carp

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
That's some Carp. I bet he didn't use 2 dead reds and a 16 hook.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I'm going to have to look for some bigger maggots.
That chap will, more or less be set up now what with sponsorship deals etc.

Scribe

Site Supporter
That's some Carp. I bet he didn't use 2 dead reds and a 16 hook.
I would have thought it was more like a single pinkie on a size 22 hook. I am sure that's the same size as the one that got away :LOL:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I would have thought it was more like a single pinkie on a size 22 hook. I am sure that's the same size as the one that got away :LOL:
You shouldn't have used the No4 elastic. :ROFLMAO:

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is that really a great advert for carp Angling? The fish looks to be unnaturally overweight and out of shape, I would guess the only way it’s got like that is eating high protein feed put in by anglers.

BoldBear

I’m not saying that the person who caught it wasn’t skillfull; I just don’t know; however that Carp looks unhealthily fat in the extreme. I would rather catch a healthy fish of half that weight.

Keith

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I believe the captor, Michel Schoenmakers, is the fishery owner (I might be wrong though)

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wow. And not a good wow. I really hope Ireland never goes carp mad.

@P_C ...sadly i think it already is, i've seen a couple of the carp fisheries in the south and, just like the "carp crazy" types over here they are just brown muddy puddles filled to the brim with carp :(

On the up side i've been talking to Kevin, sometime next year i'm getting a load of Barbel and Chub fingerlings, 4 30lt drums, 12v livebait pumps and i'll be sneaking them across on the ferry to release them into the Irish waterways ;)