New tackle shop. Very rare

jasonb

Site Supporter
very well stocked new tackle shop opens today

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Do they charge to get in ? Too posh for us northern folk is that. Cracking shop though. A lot of time, effort and planning has gone into the shop. They have took fishing tackle shops to a whole new level. Good on em. Let's wish them all the best. 👍

jasonb

Site Supporter
They do have a captive audience with it being at linear, what surprises me though is that they're stocking all the match gear and bait as well. I imagine it will hit States tackle in Witney fairly hard as they are the nearest to them.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Looks great. Love tackle shops where you can walk round & browse rather than everything being behind a counter.

Silverfisher

My local tackle shop only opened a little over a year ago about a year or so after the original shop local closed after 20 odd years. The new place is doing really well, always people in there buying every time I’ve been in there.

Method Man

Can anyone tell me why the video won't play? click it nothing happens or is this another senior moment?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Are you viewing it on a phone? If so it could be the network you are on and strength of signal.
A video will always play on 4g but depending on the length of it might not on H+

Method Man

Are you viewing it on a phone? If so it could be the network you are on and strength of signal.
A video will always play on 4g but depending on the length of it might not on H+
Hi there no I am on my desktop Mac on Virgin I just click the play button and nothing happens, cheers.

adz1189

How hard do you think it would be to open a tackle shop in this day and age given the online sales? Surely it must be a massive risk?

Method Man

Well that's really weird, just tried it on my phone so thanks managed to watch, excellent shop

Zerkalo

Must be hoping to draw people in who aren't fishing at the fishery. Nice to see they have snacks too.

Method Man

Glad its not close to me as I would be like a kid in a sweet shop, and would be getting another good ear bashing from her indoors.. LOl

Zerkalo

I have a shop with similar stock near me, do the full range of various manufacturers for terminal tackle and bait. Never have any maggots in though! Have to go to the more modestly stocked shop down the road for those.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
How hard do you think it would be to open a tackle shop in this day and age given the online sales? Surely it must be a massive risk?
Now that's a question. Mega hard I would have thought. Don't expect a wage from it for at least 12 months. You've hit the nail on the head there also. Internet sales are probably a must these days. Why do you fancy it adz1189 ?. I've often thought that if you could turn your hoby into your job life would be great.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
muggins Fishing Talk 47
D Fishing Talk 15
D Fishing Talk 20
B Fishing Talk 50
Dave Fishing Talk 2