new seat box

rodring

Site Supporter
I was looking at the P25, last time I saw it, it was selling for £200 but they've updated it and lost the side drawer on the new model, probably more expensive as well.
Have a look on eBay you might find one there at the original pricr

rodring

Site Supporter
One on there now £ 250 plus 2 free keepnet arms plus the free winder pack

pelet

Had my Octbox just over 4 years, faultless, I have replaced the seat with one from one of the custom seat makers and fixed the footplate into the extended position as I never slide it away, great boxes and well worth the money, should last for years.
I use a Octbox,I also changed to a custom seat & went knobless,also have a side footplate.
Used this box for many years & would never change it.

Bish

i have just got the preston sl30 very light and plenty room for all my stuff well worth the money

matiny2k

In respect of the Preston Inception, where would you put your pole winders and could I use my OnBox attachments with it?

tedstriker

the matrix f25 and p25 mk2 are £215 at fishing tackle 2 go, currently waiting on stock by the looks

Robbie888

I have recently purchased the Preston Absolute SL and it is a fantastic bit of kit, very light and can be adjusted easily for my 4 year old to use.

oldmanriver

Get the new models as old ones tend to have problems with the legs slipping
NO, not if you add a bit of PTFE tape (plumbers white "Goretex" tape)) along all leg threads. It does work, mine have never let me down since. I carry a roll in my box just in case , for all threads.
BTW, have just finished customising my front two right hand side legs. measured and cut down with added threaded inserts; for feeder fishing (catching rod on strike) on front leg top and next leg in (catching pole on shipping back) so I can add Matrix small leg extension to bring back to full size if needed.
So, when needed I can have RH footplate leg half size for some feeder set up and have the box RH side leg half size for pole set up. Or have full legs all around when needed. Still stable, strong but versatile.

Last edited:

sapperrich

Hi guys, does anybody else have any experience of the Matchbox Azuro seatbox? I'm thinkin of investing.

david white

Site Supporter
Hi guys, does anybody else have any experience of the Matchbox Azuro seatbox? I'm thinkin of investing.
Unless it's old stock at a retail outlet ( or 2nd hand ) my understanding is the ' new ' owner of matchbox has no stock until a revised reworked range is finalised in about 2-3 months

Paul.P

NO, not if you add a bit of PTFE tape (plumbers white "Goretex" tape)) along all leg threads. It does work, mine have never let me down since. I carry a roll in my box just in case , for all threads..
Seriously !, well that's another poor design then, another reason to get yourself an octbox, & no. i'm not sponsored by octbox or anybody else come to that.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
What a few people seem to have ignored is the fact that @stickfloatkev has a budget of around £250 ruling out all of the new Octboxes apart from the MK18 Octbox Compact Seat Box.

stickfloatkev

yes peter unfortunately i have to stick to a budget and also alot of my fishing is standing up float fishing rivers so thats another reason i didnt want to spend a massive amount on a box . also because of back problems i dont fish with a pole and im new to these types of seatbox mainly because a lot of my fishing is standing up hence ive still got a shaky box which has been awesome considering it is now over 30 years since i bought it lol

rodring

Site Supporter
Have a look at the GrandSlam range might find something there that suits your budget and needs.

mytopkitisbroken

Site Supporter
I have a nearly new Matchbox S Class (for sale) with all the attachments n tray etc

Its a model or two up from the Azuro

Brilliant if you want a really lightweight box with lots and lots of room
The deep base unclips (MatchStax I think it's called) and has a deep section for reels etc plus a couple rig trays

Matchbox are lightweight and solidly built

Older models had issues with frames splitting eventually from tightening up the legs but the later ones all had it sorted

I now pretty much only fish commercials or the canal on my doorstep so switched to a Daiwa Tournament box