New Passport

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Right Guys 2 week ago we booked another Holiday as the one with a certain travel agent went bent on us, so with 7 month left on my current passport i thought sod it we have just enough time for a quick Cruise before Xmas. Day after i book would you believe i got a text fro HMP Passport stating with Brexit the rules will change if theres a no deal and will have to have at least a year on my Passport. So Heres a tip for ya all if and when ya have to renew, Tek yer old passport down the Post Office and they do everything including Photos for ya, from applying to Receiving new Passport 2 weeks Spot on :cool::cool:

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Are these the new Blue ones that are made in France

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
My Passport Aint and thats all that Matters (y)

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
This thread was a tip to get people to use the PO as everythings done and passed to the Right department electronically, the whole process throughout from applying to Receiving was hassle free with text messages letting me know what was occurring.

Arfer Mo

Site Supporter
Thanks WO for bringing it to my attention. I checked my passport and instead of it running out in March 2021 it needs renewing by February next year.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I need to cha ge my address on mine, someone has said i will have to pay the cost of a new passport,because its like applying for a renewal. This cant be true can it,?

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
I need to cha ge my address on mine, someone has said i will have to pay the cost of a new passport,because its like applying for a renewal. This cant be true can it,?
Your passport is for you not your address. Doesn't matter where you live it is still valid

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
The .gov website seems to disagree with you WO. It states only 6months is required ( that’s usually 6 months AFTER you return ), and that they will be sending texts saying that.
I’ve got the text and was advised as to be on the safe side get it renewed as when I return it’s bordering on 6 months 👍

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Thanks WO for bringing it to my attention. I checked my passport and instead of it running out in March 2021 it needs renewing by February next year.
No worries mate that’s why I started the thread, don’t want any of yers turning up at the airport with a dodgy dated passport👍

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Just as an aside

after Brexit, your EHIC will not be valid in most of the EU

make sure you have the appropiate Insurance in place

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Your passport doesn't have an address. Do you mean the emergency contacts on the last page?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Funny ya should mention that on mine I had my old lady down she’s bin dead 2 and a half year 😬

bezzer

Site Supporter
This thread was a tip to get people to use the PO as everythings done and passed to the Right department electronically, the whole process throughout from applying to Receiving was hassle free with text messages letting me know what was occurring.
We pay the extra couple of quid for them to check it's correct too. Well worth it and the quick turnaround has got us out of a pickle before now (y)