My cars been nicked

62tucker

Site Supporter
Some twit has stole my car tonight between 6:15 and 6:45. Parked in street. I parked it there at 2:30. Can’t find keys. I was in back garden from 3 to 4:30 and back door was open as dog was in and out. Police think some twit been in house and pinched keys off my bench.
Can’t get my head around it. If keys been stolen at 3 to 4 but car not stolen till 6:15. Dog was barking when I was in greenhouse but that’s not unusual. Waiting game now. Just hope it been dumped locally and not smashed up or burnt out and inheritanced it off my dad when he passed away. It’s only a ford b max 1.5 diesel so not a car to steal in my book.

crusty

Site Supporter
For someone to walk in your house and take your keys while you're at home is shocking.

It might be an old b max but it's yours from your Dad.
I'm the same, I'm still driving about in my Dads old focus estate, it's on its last legs but I'd be gutted if someone nicked it.

I hope you get it back.

Ian

62tucker

Site Supporter
For someone to walk in your house and take your keys while you're at home is shocking.

It might be an old b max but it's yours from your Dad.
I'm the same, I'm still driving about in my Dads old focus estate, it's on its last legs but I'd be gutted if someone nicked it.

I hope you get it back.

Ian
It’s a 2012. Only got 28,000 on clock. Dad had it 4 years and done 10,000. Thing is he had it from new so it’s never been mistreated

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear it - what's the colour and registration so people can keep a look out?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear it - what's the colour and registration so people can keep a look out?
Daughter and son got it on Facebook late last night after police had been so hopefully it been dumped somewhere and someone sees a strange car and reports it.
Police say loads of chancers knocking on doors and if no answer they trying the door but I sure my front door was locked with key in. But when I went to open it and 6 for daughter coming in it was unlocked but can’t prove that 100%.
My mind working overtime. Hardly had any sleep. Stressed out. Be sitting all day waiting for phone call hopefully and got to phone insurance today. Just renewed it on 1st December. Also just went to garage yesterday to book in for MOT and service for next Tuesday. Probably be a burnt out shell by then. Police said some cars never turn up. I understand that but this just opportunity theft. Police turned up in 1@1/2 hrs and took a 2 page statement and knocked on about 10 doors around street.
J 70 GSJ. Red ford b max. Private Reg. we bought it for my dad when he was 70. And name was GS Johnson.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hope you get it back undamaged pal. Its not ' only ' a Ford B max its your Ford B max. The thieving scum shouldnt be touching it at all. Fingers crossed you hear something today.

dumdum

Site Supporter
It’s a 2012. Only got 28,000 on clock. Dad had it 4 years and done 10,000. Thing is he had it from new so it’s never been mistreated
hope you get it back bud... robbing barstewards!

just one thing make sure you get the oil changed every year without fail regardless of mileage and take it for a decent run monthly at least to warm it through fully to rid the engine of condensation and moisture , it seems to do very little mileage but that is worse for a car than 10k a year, and that engine is very very prone to destroying turbos, and low mileage is worse than lots of mileage, its a Peugeot engine and we used to do loads of turbos for the older generation who didn't understand why the turbo had gone so quickly when it had done 2k miles a year

and make sure its replaced with 5/30w fully synthetic low ash oil, anything else is like suicide for the turbo

its probably being used for fuel thefts on dubious plates from a none stolen car so it doesn't get pulled... sad sign of the times

62tucker

Site Supporter
I going back a
hope you get it back bud... robbing barstewards!

just one thing make sure you get the oil changed every year without fail regardless of mileage and take it for a decent run monthly at least to warm it through fully to rid the engine of condensation and moisture , it seems to do very little mileage but that is worse for a car than 10k a year, and that engine is very very prone to destroying turbos, and low mileage is worse than lots of mileage, its a Peugeot engine and we used to do loads of turbos for the older generation who didn't understand why the turbo had gone so quickly when it had done 2k miles a year

and make sure its replaced with 5/30w fully synthetic low ash oil, anything else is like suicide for the turbo

its probably being used for fuel thefts on dubious plates from a none stolen car so it doesn't get pulled... sad sign of the times
i have done 20,000 in the 2 years I have had it and gets a blast nearly every week on a 100 mile round trip. 1sr thing the mechanic said when I took it for mot and service. Give it a blast

crowder

Daughter and son got it on Facebook late last night after police had been so hopefully it been dumped somewhere and someone sees a strange car and reports it.
Police say loads of chancers knocking on doors and if no answer they trying the door but I sure my front door was locked with key in. But when I went to open it and 6 for daughter coming in it was unlocked but can’t prove that 100%.
My mind working overtime. Hardly had any sleep. Stressed out. Be sitting all day waiting for phone call hopefully and got to phone insurance today. Just renewed it on 1st December. Also just went to garage yesterday to book in for MOT and service for next Tuesday. Probably be a burnt out shell by then. Police said some cars never turn up. I understand that but this just opportunity theft. Police turned up in 1@1/2 hrs and took a 2 page statement and knocked on about 10 doors around street.
J 70 GSJ. Red ford b max. Private Reg. we bought it for my dad when he was 70. And name was GS Johnson.
I hate to be pessimistic but I think the chances of you seeing it again are slim unfortunately.

Philocalist

Happened to me twice - first time around 40 years ago. My pride and joy then was a very, very nice top-end Citroen CX, an amazing car and well before its time ... coming home after a night out, filled the tank a few hundred yards from the house and parked the car on the drive. Next morning, car was gone and reported to the police ... remains were found locally a couple of hours later, so badly burned that the only way I could positively identify it as mine was the presence of a couple of steel hooks off bungee cords, still in place in the boot.
Jump forwards to around 1993, and another car vanishes overnight - a 2.5ltr V6 turbo that has been tweaked to make it really fly ... thieves got past two correctly installed security posts in the drive AND by-passed a top-end car alarm to take the car, all done quietly enough not to disturb me sleeping in a bedroom just a couple of metres away. Police opinion was a pro job to order, potentially for use as a getaway vehicle, which turned out to be the case a few months later following a big armed robbery much further south.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can’t get my head around it. If keys been stolen at 3 to 4 but car not stolen till 6:15.
They would have taken the keys then gone away and waited in case a neighbour saw them and reported something or to see if you realised the keys were gone.

It’s only a ford b max 1.5 diesel so not a car to steal in my book.
Nice family car not a high powered/ suped up/ fancy thing, less likely to draw attention from the police, plenty on the roads so not exactly a stand out car and easier for cloning plates from a car of the same model and colour....

Off they go, bilking, shoplifting, robbery/mugging, burglary....it's the time of year for all of them

62tucker

Site Supporter
Unreal. My car been found today. 12 days after getting nicked. In a back street about 1 mile away. Must be only area I have not looked. I been to see it and looks the same but covered in bird s**t. Been recovered for police forensic? Leaves underneath where dry. Break discs are rusted so not been used for a while. But I can’t get in to see if my stuff in boot is still there. Broken bit of sat nav holder nearby so I gues glove box is empty and sat nav be gone. Had bag with a few pound coins in and that looks like it’s there My milk and bread still on back seat.
More stress now organising to get spare key back from insurance. All my calls to insurance and DVLA have all been repeated this morning. Don’t no if I coming or going.

Unreal. My car been found today. 12 days after getting nicked. In a back street about 1 mile away. Must be only area I have not looked. I been to see it and looks the same but covered in bird s**t. Been recovered for police forensic? Leaves underneath where dry. Break discs are rusted so not been used for a while. But I can’t get in to see if my stuff in boot is still there. Broken bit of sat nav holder nearby so I gues glove box is empty and sat nav be gone. Had bag with a few pound coins in and that looks like it’s there My milk and bread still on back seat.
More stress now organising to get spare key back from insurance. All my calls to insurance and DVLA have all been repeated this morning. Don’t no if I coming or going.

Wow , glad you have got it back but i am also surprised.
Sounds like it's not been wrecked either.
Good news.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Sorry to say this but normally they race the guts out of it so engine can/ could be damaged. You can claim for engine damage on a full comp policy, as l have done it. You have to prove damage though.
Glad to hear that you have got it back in one piece.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Police are looking for someone who doesnt like bread pudding then ? 😆 Nice to hear you have it back though. 👍👍👍👍