Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing (BBC2 @ 10pm)

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Be intersted to watch this, sort of hoping they fish the Tees with it being Bob's local river and The Fast Show used to do a lot of recording in the Cleveland area, be nice to have the area presented in a good light rather than the usual media rubbish

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Judging by the write up and interviews there will not be a lot of fishing - just a pair of friends having banter and talking about their lives.

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
I'll watch it but I hope it's not drivel like Macey's poor offering. thank god for youtube and On The bank videos!

jay67

Site Supporter
watched first 10 minutes , that was enough for me .

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I watched some of it then fell asleep - whoever wrote the script for this needs taking to one side and shooting

mytopkitisbroken

Site Supporter
I missed it but I've still yet to see a fishing programme since A Passion for Angling that I enjoy watching

jay67

Site Supporter
if you can find it - theres a martin bowler one , not sure if it was on tv though . i borrowed it off a mate ..." a fish for all seasons" .

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Think Martin Bowler is one of the most uncomfortable presenters of all time :D
Met him at a Barbel Talk and a nicer and more unassuming man you could not wish to meet.
Doesn't really get the credit he deserves for his fish catches as he is a bit off the radar, but he is right up there with the best of them.

TonyA

Site Supporter
I enjoyed it, it certainly conveyed the "one more cast" syndrome. I don't think it was meant to be a serious angling program.

Scarf

Site Supporter
I thoroughly enjoyed it. That's what fishing is, or perhaps was, about.
I can watch you tube if I need 'how to fish' videos.

willothewisp

willothewisp
Site Supporter
I "endured" the first five minutes of their clowning about on the bank trying to sort out the tackle. That was enough for me!

Aquaman2000uk

I thought it was great , reminded me of what UK fishing was all about and the Snotty bashing was funny !