Mobility scooters

carp dundee

Anyone use a mobility scooter to get to your peg. Pictures of set up would be great in terms of what you can safely carry.

tysontim

I knew a lad who was quite poorly with MS and he got a trolley made that he could attach to his Mobility Scooter
and he used it for going fishing up the canal and on the local park.

Something similar to this Garden Trolley

He had his box holdall and bags on it and used to be out regular, and the locals used to help him if he needed it

Only thing you would have to be careful of is tipping your scooter over if the ground is uneven but that depends on
the scooter you have, providing its pretty flat you wont have any problems I use mine for taking the dogs over the
nearby fields without much trouble.

Good Luck

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Anyone use a mobility scooter to get to your peg. Pictures of set up would be great in terms of what you can safely carry.
A guy called growyourownlife posted for a while, I'm sure he used a scooter.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I use a PowaWalker trolley but I can walk so that may not be any help to you. I’m sure someone posted a picture of a mobility scooter with a trailer attached. I can’t remember who it was though.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I'm not sure if this helps, but a friend of mine who lived near Upchurch village, in Kent fished from his mobility scooter regularly for carp. Mike had a heart problem like me - the same cardiologist, and had a set up which included a mini crane in the back of his car (not a wav but Mike was also also a blue badge holder) to manoeuvre his standard scooter in and out. By necessity MIke fished with bare necessities only and had the very basic of set ups one pre set up short-ish rod (or a bolo) some terminal tackle, and some bait. I remember him telling me that the set up cost him about 5 grand ( I was toying with the idea of getting one) £3.5k for the scooter, and the rest for the crane. The scooter allowed him to access swims which were out of range for me

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
I’m a bit late to this thread but anyway, here’s what I use: it’s supposed to be a golf buggy but I’ve “repurposed” It! My walking ability is totally bu99ered so I had to either give it all up and suffer endless hours of daytime TV :sick::sick: or find something to replace my useless lower limbs, and this is it!

By the way, the caravan behind me is nothing to do with me and, no, I’m not towing it!
83AACFCA-EE1D-4B6F-B319-1250CFB42BA5.jpeg