Mobile Phone delivery problems

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Has anybody else experienced this problem

Just upgraded 4 phones for the family, 4 iPhone XR obvious worth a small fortune from EE

We have been waiting 3 days for them to be delivered (would expect next day)

Due to the fact they are all coming to the same address DPD need security clearance from EE before they will deliver. EE say they have sent it, both parties are blaming each other. We are stuck in between the two making numerous phone calls each day getting more and more angry.

The thing is this is now the 3rd time that this has happened, before we upgraded this time we hi-lighted this past problems to the operator. He assured us that this would not happen and he was not aware of such occurrences.

I’ve been tempted to tell them to shove their phones but the deal they have given us is excellent and I think we would be hard presses finding it anywhere else.

Rant over :mad:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
So, go round other companies and get a couple of quotes ask about deals. Then approach EE stating you can get a better deal elsewhere and ask if they can match it. Also tell them that the phones from another company has next day delivery and see what they say.

Swim Jim

Site Supporter
I thought of that but they are sitting in a Dpd depot locally. My two lads are pretty hacked off ones 16 (very backed off) the other is 22. It’s so bizarre in this day and age a simple email. :mad:

Swim Jim

Site Supporter
So, go round other companies and get a couple of quotes ask about deals. Then approach EE stating you can get a better deal elsewhere and ask if they can match it. Also tell them that the phones from another company has next day delivery and see what they say.
We did that in the beginning then went back to EE with the quotes. They more that matched them

nejohn

Site Supporter
I had the same problem when I bought 4 phones from EE, I understand where they are coming from as multiple phones to same address in one delivery could well be a scam so they are protecting both theirselves and you (as you would not be to happy if someone hacked your account and bought 4 top of the range phones and EE delivered them no questions asked), I ended up having to get EE to call DPD and arrange a delivery when I would be in ...pain in the backside but with over £4k's worth of phones it is in a way understandable. Up graded again last month but learned by my mistake this time so did 2 phones one day then the other 2 a couple of days later and didn't have a problem, got delivery slot from DPD and they came at the time they said they would.
To be fair EE are generally pretty good to deal with as long as you get through to a UK call centre (the Gateshead and Myther Tydful ones are usually particullary helpfull) however if you are unlucky and get through to one of the indian call centres the best plan is just hang up and try again later as they appear to just have a set of standard questions and anything outside of those they just say anything that comes into their heads

Swim Jim

Site Supporter
I had the same problem when I bought 4 phones from EE, I understand where they are coming from as multiple phones to same address in one delivery could well be a scam so they are protecting both theirselves and you (as you would not be to happy if someone hacked your account and bought 4 top of the range phones and EE delivered them no questions asked), I ended up having to get EE to call DPD and arrange a delivery when I would be in ...pain in the backside but with over £4k's worth of phones it is in a way understandable. Up graded again last month but learned by my mistake this time so did 2 phones one day then the other 2 a couple of days later and didn't have a problem, got delivery slot from DPD and they came at the time they said they would.
To be fair EE are generally pretty good to deal with as long as you get through to a UK call centre (the Gateshead and Myther Tydful ones are usually particullary helpfull) however if you are unlucky and get through to one of the indian call centres the best plan is just hang up and try again later as they appear to just have a set of standard questions and anything outside of those they just say anything that comes into their heads
Yep mate exactly the same. I should of learnt by my mistakes last time. Come to terms with it now. Someone from EE is supposed to be phoning us back today.

Swim Jim

Site Supporter
Spent an hour on phone to EE last night. Lovely sounding Geordie girl reading out emails that had been sent to DPD. This morning DPD have heard nothing tell EE to phone and not send emails. DPD say that they can’t phone EE.

STALEMATE!!! :mad:

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
I would have told them to return my deposit and then to stuff it.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Send them an invoice

£5 per phone call
£10 per email
£25 per letter

to cover your wasted time, feel free to add £10 per day for the delayed delivery

Swim Jim

Site Supporter
I would have told them to return my deposit and then to stuff it.
Geoff that is near the top of the agenda. The thing is the deal they gave us we are very impressed with (just require phones :LOL:) it can only be a day or two now before someone lets us have them. Definitely need compensating for this fiasco 🤬

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Could you not just cancel and buy four Samsung S7's instead for a fraction of the price?
The new iPhones might just have caught up with the S7's technology :p

nejohn

Site Supporter
Could you not just cancel and buy four Samsung S7's instead for a fraction of the price?
The new iPhones might just have caught up with the S7's technology :p
I thought the new top of the range iphone was basically a Samsung s9 and built in the same factory.....typing this from my £300 cheaper S10

Swim Jim

Site Supporter
On the phone again to EE. Most people start with breakfast I start with my ritual call to EE. At least the operators all seem to be doing their thing for wild life as al you get is “ Bear with me!” The guy I am currently talking to has gone off to try and phone DPD personally himself. Good luck with that one :LOL:o_O

At least it’s Friday the suns out and I’ll have a bbq and a few beers tonight to look forward to :beer-toast1:

Persistent chap his first attempt failed, another Bear is with him. He vows to get this thing sorted and off he’s gone off to work his magic leaving me with calming EE tunes. If he does sort it he’ll be getting a personal invite to the bbq :cool:

Call duration so far 40 mins :sleep:

EE now saying they can’t phone up DPD by law to discuss a customers account. All kinds of investigations are now being opened, but alas still no phones

Last edited:

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Get a Huawei P20 Pro brilliant bit of kit!!!!!!!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Geoff, the Chinese government want to know if you enjoyed your holiday ... oh hang on, theyve just checked your messages and browser history :D

Total

Site Supporter
Geoff, the Chinese government want to know if you enjoyed your holiday ... oh hang on, theyve just checked your messages and browser history :D
....And on a positive note, they discovered an almost perfect photo of a huge perch. :p:giggle:

@Total Edit: Had to highlight one word!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Knowing Geoff He'd have Locked It :p