Middy White Knuckle Thriller CX 8m Margin Pole

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Does anyone own one of these poles?. I have been offered one with 2 top kits but was wondering about spare top kits/sections being available. How do you rate them? Any help or advice welcome.
Thanks.

tedstriker

got one up in the attic, was the first proper pole i bought a few years ago, its a strong pole, fairly light if you don't use anything to compare it to, its built like a tank, not sure how you would be able to break a section, a top kit yes but these are available for around £25 which come pre-elasticated in either the yellow 8-10 or the blue 18-20

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@tedstriker

Thanks for that info, much appreciated. It has got 2 top kits but thought of adding a couple more if I decide to buy it. He's asking £80 for it but there's no pole carrier to put it in. Is this price about right?

tedstriker

the pole only came in a cloth type bag when i got mine with no protection for top kits, not ideal i know, i think i paid that brand new at the time but looking around the prices seem to have gone up on them but if you look around, fishing republic, in store only mind has it at 74.99 and amazon has one at 85, personally speaking i would say the 80quid is over priced for it

ukzero1

Site Supporter
O.K.mate, thanks a lot. it gives me a bit of leverage to get the price down a bit. :upthumb:

tedstriker

the top kits do not come with a re-inforced area from what i recall and they are very slim, which is why i found universal kits a pain

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I sell them new for £75 you can get extra tops sometimes from Middy but they can be hit and miss on spares, £60 tops second hand in perfect condition and you will probably change the elastic anyway for piece of mind.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I sell them new for £75 you can get extra tops sometimes from Middy but they can be hit and miss on spares, £60 tops second hand in perfect condition and you will probably change the elastic anyway for piece of mind.
Where are you based Ken? and are they the CX model?

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Yes the current model but I was in Yorkshire on Sunday and not due back until after the Bank Holiday.
My shop is near Knowsley Safari Park.

slappy2

I have the older model which let my son use now and bought another couple years ago as he smashed a no4 on it!
Strong for the money, I have a middy xt15 I use now and then and can t fault middy poles for the money 👍

Did wonder if the newer models were the same sections for spares

smudger1977

Ive got some spare sections if your stuck for spare butt section and next 2 my daughter lost some on a big fish when the pole come undone. It's just sat in garage now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I have one on order (the CX). Just waiting for a shout out to pick it up. A couple of extra top kits wouldn't go amiss though.

slappy2

Let me know how get on with the Cx model as would be nice to see if much better then the older model they made 👍
Took son few hours yesterday he bagged up fine all day with his old middy and was trying out new top kits for my new pro 900 maver and one them snapped clean in bloody half 🙄

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Let me know how get on with the Cx model as would be nice to see if much better then the older model they made 👍
Took son few hours yesterday he bagged up fine all day with his old middy and was trying out new top kits for my new pro 900 maver and one them snapped clean in bloody half 🙄
Will do, but the problem there is I've not used the older model so really can't do a comparison. Will post though and see what you think. :upthumb:

slappy2

Thanks mate!
Your have no problems I’m sure with the pole!!
Just make sure have different elastics to cover you!
My son has a 10-12 hollow and uses it loads but also has 12-14 for everything else 👍

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@slappy2

Apparently the top kits come ready elasticated. Blue 18/20 and yellow 8/10, both Middy. I expect I'll change them but will try them out first. Might go for the NG equivalents.