method feeder / bomb and pellet

Mattassociated

Hi all other day was on my local fishery started on a small dura banjo feeder and then went onto pellet and bomb . Used micro pellets on feeder as you cant use groundbait on this venue . Tried corn , 8mm pellets in 3 diferent flavors and wherever i tried agaisnt island in margins and then in open water all i could catch was big roach and skimmers . Last summer i remember the roach even took 10 mm pellets , whats the best ledger technique in peoples opinions to try to get past the roach to the carp and tench ?

thanks

Total

Site Supporter
Keep doing the same thing![:)]....If there's a decent stock of carp in the water your fishing, they'll turn up eventually[:D]

Mattassociated

There is a decent head of carp but there is a great deal more roach so they get there 1st . Same spot with banjo feeder for 1st 3 hours . Only thing was a tad windy so had to use a 2oz tip and roach bites was a sudden pluck and that was about it so bites was harder to see .

Regular casting was every 10 minuites ish this time of year .

Thanks

Total

Site Supporter
Ok.[:T]

Then occasionally on another bomb setup try a larger target bait, Multiple 10, 11 mm pellet, 14, 15mm boilie, paste wrap on a boilie, or larger pellet. Ect, Etc.

This could also be tried with your banjo feeder.[:T]

.....Lots of things to try. Up to you change your results.[:)]

dumdum

There aren't that many carp if Roach are beating them to your bait, recast every 2-3 minutes (ten minutes is winter frugal feeding times) and try it for a day, if you don't get a carp with more bait going in there simply isn't a big head of carp (I suspect your idea of a good head of carp and most peoples on here is very different) add a little groundbait dry to your wetted pellets (only wet these for very little time so there still crunchy in the middle, well soaked pellets are for silvers/winter!) to make them stick in the feeder a little longer and mick the fish off so they have to attack the feeder to get them out and make sure your hook bait is in the mix not loose!