messingham sands

sly

all the bit better gear and still aint got a clue
Site Supporter
bit short notice but i`m going to oak tree pond on sunday,if anyone wants to turn up all well and good

sly

Site Supporter
bugger,the best laid plans of mice and men :(:(:(

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Sorry I couldn't make it mate, just far too busy. However..have I got a challenge for you when we go off again. Details nearer the time. :whistle:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Let me know how you get on mate, just looked at the site for Messingham Sands and it looks good.

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
I am waiting for warmer weather.

sly

Site Supporter
saturday,family issues,hence 2nd post,so no fishing,sunday early hrs issues resolved,unfortunately no one thought to tell me till 8.30 sunday morning so i wern`n a happy bunny,the advantage of 8.30 was breakfast.
i went to aston and fished the stable pond,all the idle git pegs were taken so a walk was in order,it was cold it was windy it was raining but i was there so made the most of it,set maggot feeder up cast out before feeder had hit bottom the tip went for a wander pic 1 a small golden roach or an f1 as @tipitinmick would have me believe:unsure::D
pic 2 small ide 20 minutes later,and that set the tone for the next few hrs,i stopped counting after 20 as i had run out of digits:oops:,so went on method feeder with 4-6 mm pellet nowt tried banjo feeder nowt pellet feeder nowt so used shotgun feeder and did well using 4mm pellet,pic 3 the relevance of that foto is the wafter,out of 4 different waters aston was the only place up to now that i caught on them (so not a good advertisment for named products,but it might be me who is inept) pic 4 a nice little mirror carp also on wafter,after that nowt for a fair while so cast maggot feeder out again had another couple out then temperature dropped and it started to hail not for long thankfully,pic 5 its not often i wish for scales but i did then,angler next peg guessed about 8lb max,after that one i packed up, all in all a very good day fishwise,which makes a change,shame it was so cold.
messingham might just be next on the agenda1401814019140201402114022

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Some nice fish there mate, well done considering the weather. :upthumb:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Sorry I couldn't make it mate, just far too busy. However..have I got a challenge for you when we go off again. Details nearer the time. :whistle:
@sly

Any answer to this one yet? mwaahahaha :devilish:

sly

Site Supporter
@ ukzero1 Bring it on old man, bring it on :whistle::whistle::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@ ukzero1 Bring it on old man, bring it on :whistle::whistle::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Was thinking that some warm weather coming over the Easter weekend, so how about Monday (if you can make it). , club waters but on the opposite bank from last time. The challenge? No more than £4 to be spent on bait o_O :devilish:

Last edited:

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Was thinking that some warm weather coming over the Easter weekend, so how about Monday (if you can make it). , club waters but on the opposite bank from last time. The challenge? No more than £4 to be spent on bait o_O :devilish:
Can't wait to get my club ticket so I can join you.

sly

Site Supporter
Unfortunately I can't,we got stuff's planned, if u ok for following weekend by all means 😊😊

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Unfortunately I can't,we got stuff's planned, if u ok for following weekend by all means 😊😊
So, the challenge is accepted then?..no more than £4 on bait?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Can't wait to get my club ticket so I can join you.
I'm picking yours up this Sunday Geoff. :upthumb: Just let me know when you are coming through to pick them up. Or we can meet at the lakes at your convenience. :D

sly

Site Supporter
@ukzero1,hiya,for clarity is it £4 on new unused bait,as i have still got nearly a full bag of sweetcorn and half kilo of micros and cos im a TAY i dont usually spend £4 on bait in one hit:eek::D

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@sly

I only said £4 worth to wind you up mate. I know how you feel though, I've still got a shed load of pellet from places we've been to, from 2mm to 8mm. Also, just the groundbait would cost me that. :D

sly

Site Supporter
@sly

I only said £4 worth to wind you up mate. I know how you feel though, I've still got a shed load of pellet from places we've been to, from 2mm to 8mm. Also, just the groundbait would cost me that.
:p:p:p

ukzero1

Site Supporter
@sly
Will you need any hemp on this one? I have 7 tins. :rolleyes:

Last edited: