Message for Pompous and all CAMRA members

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
Morrison's have 'Spitfire' and several other nice beers on offer at 4 bottles for 6 [:T][:T][:T][:T]

Sportsman

I tried some Spitfire in a bar in France a couple of years ago.
Can't say I liked it much.

Puckleman

Site Supporter
I refuse to buy my beer from the robbing supermarkets. They are the reason that we have lost so many pubs. I hate them with a passion.
Feel better now.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Unless they are bottle conditioned they are not real ale.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Afternoon gentlemen, like most I would rather drink in a proper pub. I`m lucky I have a decent pub which
is a fifteen minute walk away. Whilst `spitfire` out of a bottle is not real ale in the true sense it is
about the best in my opinion.
The tang of the Kent hops takes a bit of getting used to but once you get the taste everything else comes
second best, except black sheep.

Over ten years back I was looking for the phone number of a Romney Marsh pub and quite by accident found
an advert for said pub`s lease. If I remember right it was over thirty thousand per year. Chuck in rates
and wages fuel ect and its hardly surprising they shut down, the pub company just sit on the building and
sell it when the time is right.
I went in this pub to pick up my clubs day ticket money and the landlord said he would no longer sell them
and that he wished he had as many customers as he had people asking for favours. I can see his point and
whilst supermarkets has not helped pubs they are not the sole problem.

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
I stopped going in to pubs when the smoking ban kicked in. Summer was ok, we would all sit outside but, the none smokers complained that they did not like the smoke in the garden. I gave up at that point.

davylad

Site Supporter
There used to be a local ale called "Buccaneer" but it never really took off round here.

davylad

Site Supporter
Dave if you like good beer, you might want to try one of these. I can absolutely recommend them, I drink it when I go out to the pub, but I got a small keg bought for me, and it was superb.

http://www.greatnewsomebrewery.co.uk/shop/

Look under cask beers, I can't seem to find them on the site, but they do a 9 pint mini keg, which is just like you'd get in a pub when you pour it.

Last edited:

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I don`t smoke but I have to say some of the anti smoking brigade are really up themselves.

Really dislike these so called `amber` ales, taste like fruit drinks.