Melting Pot - Blue Mink

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
So, one person has complained to Ofcom and said they are offended by racist words in the song, so Gold have banned it from their playlists. It has been suggested they re-record it with different lyrics, but they have declined and will carry on playing it live in the original version.

Why do people want to erase or rewrite history? The song is 50 years old and about as anti-racist as you can get.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just sums up everything that's wrong in today's politically correct society. :nono:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Read about this in the Daily Mail the other week(because it was the 50th anniversary. I think it had been banned somewhere else previously.
I remember it well but was only 10 when it was released. I never realised they were some sort of supergroup!
Alan Parker of various big film scores fame, Herby Flowers & Cook and Greenaway.

Zerkalo

PC gone mad basically. Didn't realise it was Alan Parker, he did some great library music.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
FFS... there are some busybodies on this frackin planet... its a song about racial harmony FFS.... some people need a damn good kick in the plums or their biff just to remind them how stupid they sound

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cue to complain about the Nina Simon track "Young gifted and black" as I feel it infers that only people of colour are young and gifted,.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
If any of yer aint noticed theres a few on this site who are Bordering on the same Thinking. Ya cant say Jibblyshit without been called a racict Bigot.

frankg

Site Supporter
So, one person has complained to Ofcom and said they are offended by racist words in the song, so Gold have banned it from their playlists. It has been suggested they re-record it with different lyrics, but they have declined and will carry on playing it live in the original version.

Why do people want to erase or rewrite history? The song is 50 years old and about as anti-racist as you can get.

I remember going to see them once at a cabaret club....that would have been early to mid-seventies I think

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Peter Gabriel might be in trouble if they listen to the original lyrics of Games Without Frontiers but he's about as anti racist as they come

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
I cant really comment on this I don't wish to be barred from the site.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Aquaman2000uk Fishing Talk 15
62tucker The Club House 17
Dave The Club House 5
S Fishing Talk 12
D The Club House 25