MD Midlands Pork Pie Match - Sunday 13th October 2019

Scribe

Site Supporter
@notneeded It's a good job i know you Tony All I can say is you have a short memory in my first match at Darby Banks (you organised it) I walked away with a section win. :) I have even beaten NOTN in a match. Admittedly it's been all downhill since then. :(:D

Scribe

Site Supporter
You know me Tony the banter it's a big part of why I look to fish any MD match I can.

fishing jazzman

I have never fished at Lake View Fishery before and haven't got a clue how to fish it, and probally won't catch anyway. I was hoping to fish there on 11th October and was wondering if any one might be interested in having a session or coming to give me some guidance/ideas. I would buy breakfast if anyone was interested?
Thanks in advance.

gingert76

Ginge
Site Supporter
i really hope i am here for this but i think my work is sending me to Aus and NZ at the start of October, soon as i have confirmation i will post a update

Last edited:

Scribe

Site Supporter
@160642fishing

There are two lakes booked Serpent is right next to the main car park behind the bait/tackle shop & next to the cafe. Marina is further round the complex although there is parking nearby, then it's a short walk depending on the pegs allocated. I am sure if you need a hand with kit between us we can make sure your sorted.

@fishing jazzman wish I could join you on the 11th unfortunately I will be travelling that day. Serpent lake has a mix of carp average 3-4 Lbs although there are some a lot bigger in there good mix of roach / bream although they did introduce F1's in 2018. I am not so sure about Marina I think I fished it once 4 years ago so I need to gen up myself.

@gingert76 No worries although I do feel for you being made to go to Australia & (NL Netherlands) New Zealand. :unsure::whistle::D

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I have been thinking for some time of organising a match at Lakeview Fishery near Melton Mowbray given that I have fished a fair few matches organised by fellow MD'ers I thought it was time to give something back (apart from my pools money at every match :D)

Where: Serpent & Marina Lakes - Lakeview Fishery

When: Sunday 13th October .

The fishery is very accessible with a straight run from the A46 and has superb facilities and there will be more than enough room with the two lakes to get some decent pegging. Marina has been used in FishOMania qualifying before.

As an incentive (bribe) I will put up three of Melton Mowbray's finest pork pies for 1.2 & 3 rd places.

Peg £7 - Payable on the day.
Pools £13
Winner take all £1

Draw 9am
Fish 10.30 - 3.30
Cafe and tackle shop on site
Rules and Information here

I am happy to add a charity raffle if there is enough that want to add this to the day.

Usual East Mids MD - Bragging / Bantering & nil moaning, just how we like a MD match. (y)

If your interested stick your name down :-

1) Scribe
2) Ulladubulla
3) Whisker
4) Dirk - The Venue Expert
5) Dave - Red Leader
6) Peter - The Mugger
7) Bulldog
8) Smileymiley
9) Northantslad
10) CraigH
11) Fishing Jazzman
12) Gingert76 (P)
13) Notneeded
14) Marty P
15) Davered5
16) Krh57
17) Fish4alarf
18) Kev Coke
19)
20)
11A) Benji

Right I'm off to fish it every day, trying out each peg so I might stand a chance :D
Put me in please Scribe.

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Bulldog It's not me you have to worry about @dirk is the venue expert.

I have heard he is there that often his post gets delivered to his peg. :D

dirk

Site Supporter
Ahhh! the Rysons match. I had to make a decision, go and watch the Golf on TV with a beer, or watch my tip not moving for another 2 hours :unsure: The golf won :p I much prefer watching a float not moving :)

The VETS match is on Marina and Serpent today. I'm not fishing today. If you got to Lakeview facebook page the results should be up by Monday. It will give you an idea of where the weights will come from, as certain pegs always produce. No tactic and bait recommendations yet as they will change by next month.