MD Midlands Pork Pie Match - Sunday 13th October 2019

Krh57

Site Supporter
Thanks very much Kev you did a Stirling job.
Well done to Tony for a worthy win.
Kev reckon you should organise another one !!! but out of the rainy weather !!!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cheers Kevin, good to meet up with some old friends and put faces to those who previously were just names on the forum.
A little less water and a few more fish if you're doing another fella, ;)
All's well that ends well as Dave had to return a Nugget to it's rightful place. :upthumb:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ditto all of the above, great to meet up with old friends and new faces.
It was a wet one but I had plenty of time to watch Luke and son, and Peter, across the island catching a few whilst I was waiting for bites :D

Good luck to all, (but my money is on the fish). :giggle:
Being as it's Melton Mowbry, you could try hair rigging a pork pie, but you'd only have @Dave going in after it.

I nearly ended up having to go in after my pole as it rolled backwards off the roller into the lake behind us :D
I just caught hold of the no4 as it was about to slip in following the rest :eek:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I nearly ended up having to go in after my pole as it rolled backwards off the roller into the lake behind us :D
I just caught hold of the no4 as it was about to slip in following the rest :eek:
Well you couldn't have got much wetter by the sound of it. As long as all enjoyed the day though, that's all that matters.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We just need a few days of sunshine now to dry out all the gear :D

PS Breakfast was nice and the Large one was just about the right size without spoiling Lunch ;)

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I'm going to have to try and make it to one. I can show you all how to blank. That brekky sounds good. :D

MOGZ

Well done all - organisers, raffle, framers and all for getting soaked

Turns out me old protak waterproofs offer as much water resistance as a thong, Im off to Halkon hunt!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was surprised how well my Preston DF8's kept the water out, however I did spend most of the day under my brolly, that was until a gust of wind came from nowhere and bent the spike :)

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Marty P Just look for the guy with the Burgundy Maggotdrowners Fleece with 'Scribe' on it. If you see him then walk the other way and avoid at all cost ! On no accoun,t pick a peg next to him, he can scare fish to migrate to another lake, just by his mere presence on a peg.
That explains why I had a dire evening session at Eye Kettleby after you dropped by!!!:):):)

notneeded

Site Supporter
We just need a few days of sunshine now to dry out all the gear :D

PS Breakfast was nice and the Large one was just about the right size without spoiling Lunch ;)
Or your pork pie leaving the car park ?? 😂😂

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Oh, leave him alone you lot. If you can't catch when he's around then it's not his fault. It's your own fault for being wary of him and not concentrating on the job in hand. Having said that, if you are wary of him then there must be something in it...I'm having second thoughts now. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

notneeded

Site Supporter
Oh, leave him alone you lot. If you can't catch when he's around then it's not his fault. It's your own fault for being wary of him and not concentrating on the job in hand. Having said that, if you are wary of him then there must be something in it...I'm having second thoughts now. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Have second ,third ,and fourth thoughts on that 😂😂😂😂😂

fishing jazzman

Thanks Kev, for all your hard work in putting this match together, and well done to all the anglers who took part in this match too. It was great to meet some good fellow anglers and great that we have raised a bit of money for charity too. Hopefully we can do the same thing sometime next year, obviously in dryer weather, if that can be arranged..

The fishery and the staff were outstanding and really wish I lived a bit closer.