MD Midlands Pork Pie Match - Sunday 13th October 2019

Scribe

Site Supporter
Hi everyone

I have had it confirmed by Lakeview that the rule concerning no feeders definitely only applies to their open matches and as ours isn't your free to use a feeder / lead as long as they are inline, no fixed feeders.

Thank you @dirk that's invaluable and much appreciated. (y)

Last edited:

smileymiley

I have been thinking for some time of organising a match at Lakeview Fishery near Melton Mowbray given that I have fished a fair few matches organised by fellow MD'ers I thought it was time to give something back (apart from my pools money at every match :D)

Where: Serpent & Marina Lakes - Lakeview Fishery

When: Sunday 13th October .

The fishery is very accessible with a straight run from the A46 and has superb facilities and there will be more than enough room with the two lakes to get some decent pegging. Marina has been used in FishOMania qualifying before.

As an incentive (bribe) I will put up three of Melton Mowbray's finest pork pies for 1.2 & 3 rd places.

Peg £7 - Payable on the day.
Pools £13
Winner take all £1

Draw 9am
Fish 10.30 - 3.30
Cafe and tackle shop on site
Rules and Information here

I am happy to add a charity raffle if there is enough that want to add this to the day.

Usual East Mids MD - Bragging / Bantering & nil moaning, just how we like a MD match. (y)

If your interested stick your name down :-

1) Scribe
2) Ulladubulla
3) Whisker
4) Dirk - The Venue Expert
5) Dave - Red Leader
6) Peter - The Mugger
7) Bulldog
8) Smileymiley
9) Northantslad
10) CraigH
11) Fishing Jazzman
12) Gingert76 (P)
13) Notneeded
14) Marty P
15) Davered5
16) Krh57
17) Fish4alarf
18) Kev Coke
19) Mogz
20) Jos
21) Dave Spence
11A) Benji

Right I'm off to fish it every day, trying out each peg so I might stand a chance :D
Can I add Botty1970 to the match please

notneeded

Site Supporter
With out the pressure of wining the spoon ? I expect Scribe to put us all to the sword on Sunday and walk off with a pie .( Not a spare one he brought for himself ) 😜

notneeded

Site Supporter
Just a quick update from the jansons match ,
With the money I took from the raffle and the money from the match at shearsby on sunday we got over 650 pound .I would like to thank all the MD 's for their surpport a very Big Thank You to you all .

gingert76

Ginge
Site Supporter
apologies but as feared i will not be able to make this event now, hopefully someone can make use of my peg, i have paid but do not want the money back so feel free to let someone fish for free or put it in teh raffle etc. sorry guys

dirk

Site Supporter
Hi Peter, It's usually open from 7:30 not that I've ever managed to get there that early :)

Looking forward to meeting up with all the old faces again on Sunday :p

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Peter Hopefully I will be there early enough to get two breakfast's in before the draw. :D I mean greet everyone when they arrive.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
What time is the draw again :) ?

Scribe

Site Supporter
Dear @Dave @Peter In the most politest terms I can muster as befits a high calibre Forum as this - 'You have three hopes, Bob Hope, No Hope and Land of Hope & Glory !

I don't know not content with nicking a man's pools money & the possibility of winning one of Melton Mownray's finest Pork Pies the bandits from the North expect to be fed as well. At least Dick Turpin felt ashamed enough to wear a mask ! :censored::D

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
As long as I take another Golden Nugget from Peter that's all I really need lol - oh and the Pork Pie :D