Maver signature Pro 900 standard package

Pclaret

Thinking of treating myself to one of these..
Especially since the price has dropped lower still.
I have a signature 600, I’ve been happy enough with it in fairness, and having a load of power kits points me towards staying Maver.
However I also have a few browning xitan top kits from a z8 that I had as a back up. (A few repairs on it but works fine.
The question I am asking I suppose is should I go for the pro 900 or get a z12 or similar second hand? I don’t mind buying second hand gear if it’s quality......
Any thoughts or input from anyone with experience??
Many thanks in advance

chris1967

Site Supporter
I sold my darkside 2 ,and bought a z8-2 only fish up to 13m ,don't do f1 fishing ,absolute beast of a pole ,I,m one happy kiiddy .loads of confidence on big fish again ,where as when I had the maver it was always in the back of mind that sooner or later its gunna go bang
I did like the maver and I'm not slagging the product off ,but browning look and feel a lot better quality strengthened where it needs to be .
The z12 looks a quality item ,Having owned both makes I know which I prefer

Last edited:

slappy2

Used the pro good bit last few months and done well using it😊 Pole is done everything I have asked it too!!
Dream to use at full length, have seen the prices of the new models but going stick with what got and my mvr as both cover me for all my fishing!
Looking forward to this winter using the pro 900 and softer elastics with the match kits and changing the 11-13 on my smoke kits to softer hollows 👍

Tight lines

James

chefster

Shedster!!
Used the pro good bit last few months and done well using it😊 Pole is done everything I have asked it too!!
Dream to use at full length, have seen the prices of the new models but going stick with what got and my mvr as both cover me for all my fishing!
Looking forward to this winter using the pro 900 and softer elastics with the match kits and changing the 11-13 on my smoke kits to softer hollows 👍

Tight lines

James
Glad it’s going well James 👍I think I’ll be treating myself to one of the new ones 👍👍

slappy2

Glad it’s going well James 👍I think I’ll be treating myself to one of the new ones 👍👍
Your love it mate
Choose right package if do too!!
Only got standard package as all angling direct had at time but also had plenty commercial top kits with my Mvr 👍

chefster

Shedster!!
Your love it mate
Choose right package if do too!!
Only got standard package as all angling direct had at time but also had plenty commercial top kits with my Mvr 👍
I got the signature pro 800, I originally brought the 900, but it was damaged when it came , so rather than wait, I had it replaced with the 800,and cash adjusted.... now I’m thinking of getting the 821 or the 921 , I’m not going for the super lithium as that isn’t compatible with signature series

slappy2

Yes mine come faulty too 900 but fixed now!!
As have mvr and pro 900 going wait a while til spend anymore money on poles 😂
Saying that do like the 921 coming out haha