Maver Signature 800 Pro

JohnL

Hi Gents,

Any input on the above pole, I've had a look at several different manufacturers but can't make my mind up. Have you heard any horror stories (other than the video with the bloke trying to pull the head off a carp at 100 mph)? Got to "strike" soon or the financial controller (wife) will remove the funding and apply it to redecorating the house. Option 2 is the Preston XS70.

Cheers

JohnL

MrBen

Site Supporter
I would go for option 2 as a happy M70 owner they have addressed the only issue some had with the M70 in the XS70, with making the joints more reinforced.

Banded_Nipple

I've got the original Signature 800, had it since it was released.

It's been good to me, never broken.

The short 4 and one piece shallow kits are worth getting as well.

Tip_King

I know that some of the Maver sponsered anglers use the 800 as opposed to the more expensive one because of its strength and durability and it’s plenty stiff enough

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
I have the original Maver 800 and it's a great piece of kit. Never had an issue with it and being a match fisherman It gets used regularly. I would definitely recommend the signature range

chefster

Shedster!!
It's an excellent pole mate, I've had mine 4 months it's even better than my original 800

JohnL

Thanks guy's, will probably buy this weekend. Looks like the maver !

chefster

Shedster!!
Brilliant for commercials , excellent for slapping, and brilliant for fishing 16 m

spark1

Site Supporter
Quality bit of kit and good package Angling direct are doing 10% off both online and in shop and in shop you get 5% reward points to spend. Work it out after 10% off then 5% rewards of the price you pay.

slappy2

I went for mvr but had the 800 pro up in the shop at the same time and wish now went for it to be fair but as updated a lot my gear what saved by getting mvr paid for it!
I think I will get a 800 in the future 👍
Also I got short 4s and smoke top kits for my pole and helps loads 😁

slappy2

Just been on angling direct buy one go with my mvr and there not on there now ;-(
Typical as had 10% off them!!

spark1

Site Supporter
Just been on angling direct buy one go with my mvr and there not on there now ;-(
Typical as had 10% off them!!
You buy stuff from the shops and get the discount and normally get the discount if they have to order stuff in as far as I know

slappy2

The pro 800 Maver discontinuing mate what got told at A/D so going wait I think see what new ones like time tell

mytopkitisbroken

Site Supporter
I recently bought a used Signature 600 in great condition

It's my first pole that isn't a bargain basement budget option

Last pole was a bomb proof Shimano Technium and it survived all my heavy handed treatment and lots of lumps into double figures

Was a bit worried about all the Maver horror stories etc etc

After fishing it this weekend and getting half a dozen carp between 6lb and 10lb plus a shed load of roach and skimmers l am really happy with it, light and stiff and plenty strong enough for my fishing

The 800 can only be better and certainly seems the bigger seller

I was fishing NG Green 10-14 to a 5lb bottom and some of the carp really fought well with the water being that bit warmer, I wasn't using the 'fighting' sections either so I've now got full confidence in the thing

JohnL

Hi Slappy,

I think I ordered the last one at 10:00 last night, plus managed to get 15% off as I had got an introductory coupon because I was a Chapmans customer!!!!

slappy2

Hi Slappy,

I think I ordered the last one at 10:00 last night, plus managed to get 15% off as I had got an introductory coupon because I was a Chapmans customer!!!!
You lucky boy mate!!!
Chap said all sold but sounds like another new model will be coming out soon but on same mandrel I expect!
I love my mvr now does what I want and few problems had were sorted!
You had great deal for sure 👍

I bought separate short 4s and smoke top kits for my mvr and great extra 😁

spark1

Site Supporter
I recently bought a used Signature 600 in great condition

It's my first pole that isn't a bargain basement budget option

Last pole was a bomb proof Shimano Technium and it survived all my heavy handed treatment and lots of lumps into double figures

Was a bit worried about all the Maver horror stories etc etc

After fishing it this weekend and getting half a dozen carp between 6lb and 10lb plus a shed load of roach and skimmers l am really happy with it, light and stiff and plenty strong enough for my fishing

The 800 can only be better and certainly seems the bigger seller

I was fishing NG Green 10-14 to a 5lb bottom and some of the carp really fought well with the water being that bit warmer, I wasn't using the 'fighting' sections either so I've now got full confidence in the thing
Told you it was a good pole and the original 800 ain't a lot better it just came with a bigger package. The 800 pro is a nice pole with a very good package but up to 14.5m is only slighter better than the original 600.

I don't think there is a lot of difference between the original signature and the pro range. My original 900 is a better pole than the 800 pro. I've used both so can tell the difference at 14.5m.

But the signature range of poles are good and you get value for money.