Matrix SLIK vs Nufish Zipp

SpeedyJD

Hi all.
I'm just about to elasticate my top kits with some fresh elastic ready for the new season. I had a go with the Matrix SLIK elastic last year and was very impressed with 10-12 right upto 16-18.
Then I've seen on the market the new Nufish Zipp, I've noticed the diameter is 0.2mm thicker than SLIK i.e. 8-10 SLIK is 1.4mm 8-10 Zipp 1.6mm.
Has anyone tried Zipp Elastic and how do they compare it to SLIK. It would save quite a bit of money especially when I've got 9 top kits and then my margin pole. Thank you.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
It is generally commented that Matrix have overstated their elastic ratings, 6-8 slik 1.2mm, 6-8 zipp 1.4mm, I think the 8-10 slik is more comparable to the zipp (and same diameter). Nick Gilbert solid core is same diameter to elastic ratings as zipp.

Having used slik I would agree its overstated. Bought some zipp but not fished with it yet.

Carp attack

I've used the matrix an love it and a mate of mine has both an says the difference is very marginal between them both if you can save yourself a few £££ then go with the nufish, both quality laggy,

karp_katcher

The trouble with most people they over complicate elastics,I only uses two different elastics from spring to autumn,matrix silk 10-12 and 12-14 in all my top kits .keeps things simple for me.

Carp attack

The trouble with most people they over complicate elastics,I only uses two different elastics from spring to autumn,matrix silk 10-12 and 12-14 in all my top kits .keeps things simple for me.
Exactly, find something you like an stick with it an keep your choices simple, tho your choices the venues I fish I'd be more time in snags then actually fishing! 😂😂😂

SpeedyJD

I'm the same as you guys. I had 10-12 slik and 12-14 in my main pole and 14-16 and 16-18 in my margin. But cheapest I can find it it £7.80 ish and I can get the Zipp for £4.60 (with a 10% off code) so the saving over 8 main pole top kits and 5 margin top kits is.... Some money. (About £30 ish).
Might have a mix n match as the Zipp is good value.

Pclaret

I used /use Slik and NG ultra core, and cannot notice any difference in identical diameters, people I have spoke to have said the same about the Zipp, it’s identical in same diameters,(forget ‘ratings’)
In fact I think matrix are changing the ratings on it soon

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Fishing Tackle For Sale 4
The Hitman Tackle Reviews 20
S Tackle Talk 0
G Tackle Talk 4
S Tackle Talk 5