Matrix Slik Elastic

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Changed to this Elastic a few months back. Have to say very impressed with it's performance so far.

I have been using through the Winter 12-14 and had plently of double figure Carp, no issues with its durability. Yesterday i landed 2 Carp both over 15lb and the elastic just keeps streching, take's pressure of your top kits and controls the fish well. Will be chaning up-to the 14-16 in the next few weeks.

For £7.99 it's a great elastic to try in your top-kits. Worth every penny for me. I have used plenty of differenct elastics but i feel this is perfect for commercial fishing.

Product

Reactions: G20

MrBen

Site Supporter
Got to agree just put some 10-12 in some of my F1 kits, and it's spot on, especially as you say the price is very reasonable. As my other elastics come due for replacement I know what I'll be fitting, more Slik.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Loved slik 4-6 and 6-8 over the winter, mainly silvers but landed plenty of carp on them. Personally I find that slik needs some lubricant to work perfectly when wet.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Anyone tried the NG equivalent stuff yet?
I checked it out thinking it was the same stuff as Matrix, but the rated strength is rated different per diameter, for example 4-6 Matrix is 1.00 mm the NG 4-6 is 1.2 mm so not so sure it's the same elastic.

Pclaret

I’m awaiting some NG as we speak, if it is the same stuff, NG’s ratings are probably more precise as the ratings on Slik are way too high a figure. I love Slik but I am at least one grade higher in ratings than other elastics.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Fishing Tackle For Sale 4
S Tackle Talk 0
G Tackle Talk 4
S Tackle Talk 5
T Tackle Talk 3