Matchbox

Blanks

Site Supporter
I needed a new footplate for my trusty old Matchbox, so I perused the popular offerings from the bigger companies but liking the four drawer arrangment I already have and the comfy seat I gave Simon the new owner of Matchbox a call. A nice down to earth chap who has some idea's to bring to the brand, one being the new leg clasp system that gives a good steady box.
I decided to order a new footplate, this was wednesday afternoon, by 1pm Friday the courier was knocking at the door with my new bit of kit. Openinig the package revealed a super strong well made footplate that will most likely out live me, at a very reasonable price.
I am a believer in supporting British owned small business where possible, not just for the sake of it but where I want a good product at a sensible price and I think Matchbox and Tricast both offer this.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I had a bit of a wait for my box to arrive after I oridered it, but it eventually arrived as expected. Like you say, British small business with a great product at a good price.

Kirtons

Site Supporter
I had a bit of a wait for my box to arrive after I oridered it, but it eventually arrived as expected. Like you say, British small business with a great product at a good price.
Hi what version did you order, and do you think are these new models as well made as the old ones?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Hi what version did you order, and do you think are these new models as well made as the old ones?
Hi. I ordered the Classic Full Monty as below.

classic_product3a-969x800.jpg

I don’t have any experience of the old ones as I had a Smart Box before, I think they were a copy of the original Match Box and that lasted me 20 years, but going from the build quality of the new Match Box I expect it to last just as long as there’s not much that can go wrong with them. The materials and clips used seem to be good quality. One thing I will say is my box arrived with 2 drawers at the front instead of 3 as in the picture. Hopefully someone else can advise you how they compare to the old ones.