matchbox beware

jasonb

recently I sold my old matchbox and my mate wanted the double folding side tray as well...I let him have it and he got a good deal on my old S class. After I regretted selling the side tray and I noticed the new matchbox website was still selling them, thought shall I order? then I noticed he was selling them on ebay as well....me being me decided to buy one off ebay just in case....anyway glad I did because it never got dispatched and I never received it, didn't answer when I tried to contact him and I put some fierce feedback on him. Now the order is cancelled and I've asked for a refund, he's got till next week then ebay will step in.

Thing is I really wanted the side tray to modify for my new box as they are very good.

So beware of the new matchbox, not a good start for the new company.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Thanks for the heads up on that one. :upthumb:

jasonb

He's just rang, apologised and says he getting some made. We'll see

markthemouse

Jim sold matchbox last year. The new owner has attended the big one and Evesham festival. He has just got the boxes in stock. My guess is its made in china and assembled in the UK workshop ( I might be wrong ) Matchbox may not be trendy like octbox , preston, maver etc but for the river angler they are great.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Jim sold matchbox last year. The new owner has attended the big one and Evesham festival. He has just got the boxes in stock. My guess is its made in china and assembled in the UK workshop ( I might be wrong ) Matchbox may not be trendy like octbox , preston, maver etc but for the river angler they are great.
I have heard many descriptions of the Octbox aesthetics, but trendy has never been one of them....

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I have an S' class box in my loft... lovely bit of kit... just cant use it now... cost the best part of £400

wardwa

I have the old canal type matchbox - keep it now as a spare or for the rivers and canals - brilliant box

bigmac1

I never saw them at evesham, I did look out for them as I wanted a few parts to tidy an old box up

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I still have an original square leg Matchbox sat in the shop and although it is the lightest box and cheapest in the shop now it still has no friends because of the now obsolete square legs,how fashion changes peoples concept of things, most like the fat legged boxes until they pick one up.

jasonb

I gave him over a week after he rang me to say he would get some made, he didn't contact me on ebay to say when I would receive one so decided t o get a refund which ebay paid out straight away. Very poor from a new company, obviously doesn't see customer services as being important so if you intend to buy any anything from him check first....and the side tray's are still for sale on ebay despite him not having any.