Mary Poppins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philocalist

OK, daft question, but I'd rather find out here than the hard way[:D]
If I use a brolly attached to a (Korum) chair via a brolly arm in anything other than windless weather, there's a very good chance of the whole assembly emulating Mary Poppins if I get up off the chair, no?[:D]
Any obvious (useable) solutions, apart from tethering the chair somehow?

Sparhawk

Oh leave it . It s much more entertaining for the rest of us when you forget and stand up anyway [:D]

nobby478

miserable old ....
I'd been wondering about the exact same thing myself !

Korum chair now bought, bought some longer legs, got a feeder arm...now for a brolly.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Thats one of the reasons whu I NEVER use a brolly anymore.

Used to have a brolly arm etc, but found it so imposing with the brolly stem being so close to my box, and made it awkward for casting etc.
A chap in my old club stopped using his after last years episode...... he just set up, got off his box for a wee before the start of the match, and as he turned, the whole lot went into the lake, brolly, box, rods, pole. Lost most of his terminal bits, and a couple of reels out of his box.

Personally Id rather get wet[;)]

I would imagine it would be even more unstable on a chair, as you are alot lower to the ground, therefore the arm would be very low too, making it a bit wobbly.
The only thing I can think of would be to tether the brolly. But if youre fishing a commercial with a hard platform, that might not be easy either.[:(]

johnfranks

Always good for a Laugh[:I]
I remember back in the 80s fishing a match on the Thames at Caversham(concrete banks) and a guy stuck his brolley in the Tube of his ASI Box.
Well he went for a call of Mother Nature and his box did an impression of a Helicopter over the Thames deposting all his gear into the River.[xx(]
Then the Box and Brolley landed on the Thames and was run over by the Thames Cruiser just to add insult to injury[:C](did we Laugh[:D])
PS I dont use a Brolley

marktheblanker

you could use storm caps that fit onto the umbrella then you jst scrw two big banksticks into them and plunge them into whatever you can i use the super long ones so they can go in the lake ,bank passing duck (JOKE) What ever [;)]

nico12

Grebe Grabber
My mates Rive was lifted clean off the ground at Makins!!

I'd imagine its going to be worse on a chair as simply the ' base' which your attaching to is lower and lighter?

even if it doesnt lift the box / chair....either the bracket / brolly is going to break ....( and has)

BornAgainFisher

Umbrella's are a disaster waiting to happen in anything other than perfect flat calm conditions. A better option is decent waterproofs and a small bait brolly that covers your side tray and keeps your bait dry or out of the sun.

If you really don't like the rain and you are only pleasure fishing then one of the pop up fishing shelters which have a sown in groundsheet would be a good option as the weight of all the tackle inside will keep it on the ground.

Last edited:

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Get yourself a fifty inch brolly and rather than using a brolly attachment just place the brolly behind the chair on the ground so the brolly arm is diagonal alongside your chair. A good piece of rope through the brolly eye and tied to anything solid nearby or to a stout bankstick banged into the ground at an angle will hold it in place. I fix the brolly arm to the chair leg using those twisty grips.

Status
Not open for further replies.