MAP Twin Core Pink 6-9 Pink Elastic

dobbor1

Site Supporter
Hi,

Does anyone use or have used this MAP elastic and what did they think of it?

Is it Soft enough for small fish and strong enough for the bigger commercials lumps.

Any issues with bumping off?

Thanks

Jeff

mytopkitisbroken

Not used that one but no doubt it's similar to Nick Gilbert's white amber core 6-10 (which is meant to be just like white hydro)

The white Nick Gilbert stuff won't bump silvers and will land proper carp so long as you step up your hooklength

I've also just bought the KND Orange which is very similar to Nicks and though I'm yet to use it, it seems a very nice elastic

marcusp

Nicks white is lighter than the stated strength and lighter than white hydro. I find it to light for carp unless they are small fish.
If its predominately silver fish then his new orange is soft and lovely for both roach and skimmer.
If its decent comerc ial carp then have a look at his green amber core or if you want a compromise for both then his light blue which is more like white hydro

dave brittain 1

I find Nicks green hollow is superb for decent skimmers, F1's and carp well into double figures when used in conjunction with a puller. It's my go to elastic at Viaduct.

A slightly lighter elastic that will handle carp and skimmers is KND white 10-13. Once you get below these elastics you'e looking at purely silvers and winter stockie carp however I'd rather opt for a solid 5/6 on a carp kit with a puller.

jay67

Site Supporter
tried it and hated it . much prefer the white MAP elastic

jay67

Site Supporter
bumped too many fish , no such problem with the white

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
6-9 seems to light for commercial carp, My lightest go to on commercials for carp is the 10-12 green NG set really soft as already mentioned it will not bump skimmers and has a bit of give for decent roach, if you want to go lighter than that I would recommend KND yellow 9-12 but that is a bit soft if general carp fishing, very good for skimmers and F1 mixed bags.
The NG white is also more for skimmers and F1 not really for carp in my opinion.