MAP H30 Lite v PRESTON Inception 290

lambrettasx200

I am looking at the above 2 seat boxes mainly for fishing on running water with the pole and the slider and other venues as well. Looked at previous posts as obviously both these boxes are serious contenders to each other. And wondered what other anglers had chosen and why and was it the right decision. Also looked at the revamped Match Box but don't want any front draws and all of their models incorporate these.

Thanks John

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
I’ve just taken delivery of the Preston SL30 box with footplate.
I’ve had to order a spare winder drawer and another deep drawer.
It would of been ideal with winder storage under the seat but the drawer is fine and not too expensive.
I’ve only ordered the extra deep drawer unit as I like to keep my waggler stuff in one drawer and my feeder gear in another.
Very light box, well made and I am very happy with it.

lambrettasx200

I’ve just taken delivery of the Preston SL30 box with footplate.
I’ve had to order a spare winder drawer and another deep drawer.
It would of been ideal with winder storage under the seat but the drawer is fine and not too expensive.
I’ve only ordered the extra deep drawer unit as I like to keep my waggler stuff in one drawer and my feeder gear in another.
Very light box, well made and I am very happy with it.
Well that sounds positive, any problems regarding only having a pair of telescopic legs?

Regarding purchasing extra trays don't find that a problem as you can tailor the box to suit your needs, far better than paying for built in trays you don't need. Thanks

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
I’ve not actually used the box as yet mate. I can’t see there being a problem with it only having 2 telescopic legs. If it is a problem I’ll just buy some more.
Like you the fact you can build the box to your own spec regarding spare drawers is a massive bonus.
I had the old generation Preston box box and with it having built in drawers my knees were always on a slope but with this box I can level and the fishing should be so much more comfortable

Robbie888

I have been using the SL30 with the foot plate for the last 9 months and cant fault it, only thing I have added is a pair of extending legs at the back (£18) as one particular venue I fish the pegs seem to slope away from the water. Its possible in the near future I will be adding a shallow tray for my pole winders. I cant think of anything negative to say about it.

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
I’ve just ordered the shallow drawer that takes 2 of the winder trays. I already have them so it’s not too expensive
I can’t wait to get out and use it 😁😁

lambrettasx200

Interesting no comments on the Map H30 as yet also has anyone used a Preston Venta Lite side tray as it would seem ideal for the Inception 290?

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
I bought one with my box mate. Great bit of kit and solid when on the box legs

lambrettasx200

Did you buy the large tray or the one that slides together? Listening to you two I think I'm on the right track. Thanks for your input

Fred Davis

I have the map Z30 box and could have bought the H30 box to compliment it however I have opted for the SL30 the build quality on the map is better however what the sl30 comes with is that 100cm deep storage area which is ideal for cupping kits a reel and lots of sundries and the weight couldn't believe how light it is, due to the fact that I have had some major surgery the map z30 is too heavy for me to handle at the moment but the sl30 really is light with minimal gear and will get me back on the bank ASAP

Robbie888

mine must be the large one also as its in one piece, have to say its still a decent size and I am not short of room

lambrettasx200

Orderered from my local dealer this afternoon Browning Inception SL30, Venta side tray large and a Seatbox cover. Should be delivered on Friday. Once again many thanks guys for your help and information which has been invaluable because I have ordered this without actually seeing one in the flesh. Amazing really that the biggest tackle dealership in the country has 3 branches within 25 miles of me and none of them have the Preston or the Map in stock thank God I support my local dealer because if there is a problem he will sort it.

Ricardo4262

I have the h30 lite I can't fault it. What made me choose it over the preston was it seemed a better build quality it had telescopic legs on all legs and the grips on the legs were strong and easier to tighten for me. I added the ventalite tray which is great. My only down side is the tray could do with being able to move a bit more forward but I'm being picky. So the map for me

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
Orderered from my local dealer this afternoon Browning Inception SL30, Venta side tray large and a Seatbox cover. Should be delivered on Friday. Once again many thanks guys for your help and information which has been invaluable because I have ordered this without actually seeing one in the flesh. Amazing really that the biggest tackle dealership in the country has 3 branches within 25 miles of me and none of them have the Preston or the Map in stock thank God I support my local dealer because if there is a problem he will sort it.

I’m sure you’ll like it mate. I was like a kid at Xmas.
I got mine through a member on here who works at a shop. He went the extra mile when I asked who knew of any pellet waters for sale. A lot of people were taking the pi$$ saying waste of money and other stuff but he managed to get me one. So I bought my box, footplate, 2 keepnets and ripple bar off him when a wanted to order it.
Plus I’ll be getting a double ready rod bag soon too..........also from him.
Just shows what going the extra mile for the customer can do

lambrettasx200

Ordered Monday got a phone call on Wednesday morning saying it had arrived looks the business to me. That large side tray is the best I've seen for that money. Try out the whole package next Wednesday hopefully