Map 701/801 3G pole

tysontim

Hi all looking for a honest review of the above if anyone owns one.
I’m looking at purchasing one or the other but would like to hear from someone who owns one preferably rather than have a wiggle with one in the pole alley.
I’ve got the original 801 and it’s great just wandered if the 3G was so much better and worth the money.
Regards Tim.

Blubberguts

Site Supporter
Just sold my 701 2g and purchased a801 3g absolutely love it , love the depth markers on top kits and it comes with 2 short F1 top kits in white , only down side there not cheap

tysontim

Just sold my 701 2g and purchased a801 3g absolutely love it , love the depth markers on top kits and it comes with 2 short F1 top kits in white , only down side there not cheap
What’s it like for weight and stiffness at 16m as my old one is pretty good.

Blubberguts

Site Supporter
Tbh not used it yet at 16m as I’ve only had it a couple of weeks but at 14.5 it’s brilliant stiff , weight lighter that 701 but you’d expect it to be for the price
I was going for the Preston flagship but I think there’s more in the map package.
It’s not cheap and it not the map flagship but I think it’s a Great pole

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
I’ve an 801 2g as you know and the twice I’ve used it I’ve loved it, the package you get too. I had a 501 2g previous to that and again loved it for the price.

People I know who got the 3G can’t see a massive difference apart from a few depth markers on top kits 😂

dave brittain 1

I had the original 701 and it was a very good pole for the money. Heavy at 16m but very useable. I picked up a mint conditioned, hardly used original 901 earlier in the year advertised on here and it's still up there with the current premium poles and I can't see me swapping it for some time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Blubberguts Fishing Tackle For Sale 0
J Tackle Talk 1
P Tackle Talk 1
C Tackle Talk 13
S Tackle Talk 3