MAP 4 wheel trolley

dave brittain 1

I had one and wasn't keen on it. I'm only 5ft 10in and found the handles were too low and killed my back. I bought the extensions and the front bag which helps to prevent to stop it tipping backwards if you have any weight in main bag.

Although I've moved to an Octbox with trolly attachments, (it's superb), I thought the Preston Shuttle was far better designed than the MAP and has stood the test of time.

dubdog

Yes the Preston shuttle has much better steel. The steel on the map is far too thin. Tackle manufacturers always trying to cut corners to increase profits.

gillsmike

Site Supporter
I've had one for around 3 years now. Yes I have had it split where the handles go in which I've had welded up and sorted. Apart from that I've had no problems. Considering that 60% of my fishing is on natural/club venue's with out the decent paths of commies and some terrain I've gone over has wrecked other trollies its doing ok!
I also know that they have improved it by adding a collar around the part the handles fit in to to solve the issue I had.
The thing I like about it is that I've not had it tip over like my old Preston shuttle. I nearly lost all my gear several times on the awkward pathways I have to go along where the wheel base was too narrow.