Man U

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Get in Man U sending fat Frank packing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Think the recent run showed what a better team we are with one or two omissions and one or two back in the 11. The Bournemouth game showed that beyond that 11, there isn't much scope to freshen up when needed. Nothing we don't already know, but has proved a few things to me recently.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
I don't see any reason as to why Martial cannot fill that vital void up front you mention. I don't mean that with any hindsight or in a he's getting a few goals now way either. I reckon he has showed those credentials ever since he arrived and amidst some strange criticism too, which I can only think stems from his deceiving body language.
End of last season he was on 47 goals and was and still is the highest scorer at the club and he achieved this through periods of management change and being strangely benched every other game under Jose's unique way of man management, in spite of that you might say. I would go so far as to say and given the time he spent not on the pitch, that his minutes per goal ratio was and still is very high. Injury free and getting those minutes, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets well over half way to that figure this season. Then, with as you say, some quality feeding him from midfield and as an alternative to our predictable wider threats, we might vary and open up his goal options.

My point about omissions, was exactly the one you made a little more bluntly, seemed more of team working for each other without him.

Last edited: