Maggots

Iluvlesta

Site Supporter
I've got (another) fly infestation in my car due to some maggot spillages!
Can anyone shed any light on which flies come from which maggots(green/blue bottle and so on)? Pinkies, white, red, ...... Etc Thanks

Whisker

Eyesight tested, common sense failure
Site Supporter
I have to ask... just how many fly infestations have you had?? 😳

Iluvlesta

Site Supporter
Surely I'm not the only person that this happens to am I?!

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I used to put the bait boxes the proper way up (not on their sides) and make sure the lids were on firmly, put them in a carrier bag then in the boot then trap them with a car jack or something heavy so they didn't roll about when going over bumps etc. Never had a spillage.

adriang

I usually put bait boxes in the rear footwells so they are level and not likely to be crushed by something so the lids pop off..

Simon R

Site Supporter
I'm expecting a hatch in the next couple of months - had some pinkies in a bait box, water dripped onto the bait box and pinkies, being the Harry Houdini of the maggot world escaped through the air holes in the box lid:oops::oops:
Rounded up what I could see but from previous experience I know I'll have missed loads - that was about a month ago so I'm expecting the pitter-patter of little wings some time in February:p

Simon

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
get a dedicated bait bag with a zipped lid.... and REALLY make sure your bait box lids are on securely, the little blighters may get out of the box but not the bag... 2 breakouts while on holiday taught this lesson...

Iluvlesta

Site Supporter
I'm expecting a hatch in the next couple of months - had some pinkies in a bait box, water dripped onto the bait box and pinkies, being the Harry Houdini of the maggot world escaped through the air holes in the box lid:oops::oops:
Rounded up what I could see but from previous experience I know I'll have missed loads - that was about a month ago so I'm expecting the pitter-patter of little wings some time in February:p

Simon
They make lovely green bottles though!

davebike1

Site Supporter
Greys boxes are the best I tried I often collect my bait on a motorbike I really test boxes and the greys ones have always worked no lose maggots or pinkies not what you want in a top box you use to do your food shopping !

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
drennan maggiboxes (at least 30 years old), inside a fox match cool bag, inside a zipped carryall.

all inside a rhino boot liner

mbuna_matt

Oh happy memories, my mate had 2 pints of maggots with lids off to keep cool. The cat knocked them over during the night and 2 pints disappeared into the shag pile before anybody knew what had happened.

Weeks later he'd become a dead shot with an elastic band ....... his parents at the time were delighted ;-) ;-)

AdeR

Its amazing how quick a pint of pinkies can disappear into a cars carpet :D

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Greys boxes are the best I tried I often collect my bait on a motorbike I really test boxes and the greys ones have always worked no lose maggots or pinkies not what you want in a top box you use to do your food shopping !
I’ve now got this vision of you riding your bike amidst a cloud of flies.