Maggots in Cornwall

Andy Old Skool

Hi
Not fished for a while and was wondering where sells maggots? Specifically not a million miles away from Truro. I know Gwinear do, but is there anywhere else?
Cheers

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Camborne angling in ( guess where) used to and they were still there yesterday. Not sure how far west you are. There's also West Cornwall Angling in Penzance.

Ben Field

Hi Andy. I run a tackle shop up in Wadebridge. Little bit of a drive but over the winter I’ve started stocking a lot of coarse kit and live baits (maggot, pinkie, caster etc) to add to the lure stuff I’ve traditionally done. Admittedly I’m low right now as it’s been a quiet few weeks with this weather, but typically I try to really look after my live baits and make sure stock and quality is always good. fresh batches coming in again from next week.

tackle shops are sadly a dying breed down this way. St Austell is another option as Margaret usually is well stocked. Gwinear you mention. White Acres too, but heard their fridges have been down recently.

I’m not 100% sure what there is further west unfortunately.

Wadebridge is probably half an hour or so from Truro.
Ben

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’m surprised that any shop however sea biased wouldnt sell coarse baits, can’t ever be that far from a bit of freshwater I’d have thought?

Andy Old Skool

Hi Andy. I run a tackle shop up in Wadebridge. Little bit of a drive but over the winter I’ve started stocking a lot of coarse kit and live baits (maggot, pinkie, caster etc) to add to the lure stuff I’ve traditionally done. Admittedly I’m low right now as it’s been a quiet few weeks with this weather, but typically I try to really look after my live baits and make sure stock and quality is always good. fresh batches coming in again from next week.

tackle shops are sadly a dying breed down this way. St Austell is another option as Margaret usually is well stocked. Gwinear you mention. White Acres too, but heard their fridges have been down recently.

I’m not 100% sure what there is further west unfortunately.

Wadebridge is probably half an hour or so from Truro.
Ben
Many thanks for your reply Ben. I shall give you shout to check stock when I'm planning a session.

RiggersSW

Late reply but I thought I'd add a couple more. Lowen Chy (think I've spelt that right) in St. Austell and Carnon Downs garden centre both sell them. Also had them delivered from Willys Worms (proper good Casters as well).

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I did see a post on Facebook from Camborne Tackle that they closed down on March 29th, so that's one off the list.